Quantcast

Caution: Northwood stunt broken....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
just wanted to give you guys a heads up since i hear that you might be hitting n.wood this weekend.

i'll try to explain the particular stunt the best i can.

-After the cool bermy section in the gully you have the rock cropping that has the wood built onto it with a flat drop then the pallet bridge.

you know where i'm talking about.......?

mmmmk, the very next thing...the ladder-style bridge that crosses the stream then you have to make a hard right and go back down across the stream on another ladder thingy. (this is on the way to the bigger stepdow that has the stream crossing just after you land)

anyway, the first ladder-style bridge broke on me today. it's a weird feeling when you're hauling tail up a ladder and it suddenly gets steeper. i had my music turned up pretty loud in my headphones so i didn't hear it break...i just noticed that it went from a bridge to a teeter really quick! luckily i had enough momentum to carry me through.

so just a heads up....slow down after the rock drop to flat and take the trail that turns to the right immediately after the large pallet bridge after the drop.

hope that wasn't too confusing...let me know if you need clarification

*note**
we really need to give official names to these things so it's easier to refer to them :D

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
The important question is what were you listening too?

We are riding out there tomorrow afternoon. Can anybody give me directions from Winston. I think I can get there but I'm not sure. My plan is to take 311 to Main Street HP then take a right on MS and go to Westchester and take a right, then take a right on the road that Northwoods on (I cant remember the name) Anybody wanna let me know if thats right?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
escapeartist said:
The important question is what were you listening too?

We are riding out there tomorrow afternoon. Can anybody give me directions from Winston. I think I can get there but I'm not sure. My plan is to take 311 to Main Street HP then take a right on MS and go to Westchester and take a right, then take a right on the road that Northwoods on (I cant remember the name) Anybody wanna let me know if thats right?
absolutely wrong.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
im assuming that you're coming from the winston side of 311.

take the high point exit off of 311, which is still technically 311.

continue on main st to westchester dr

RIGHT on westchester

RIGHT on Lexington Ave

Northwood elementary is about 1/10th of a mile on the right.