Quantcast

**** CBDR GMT ****

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
As in, coffee breakfast dig ride.

Spending the day working on a new trail, rumored to be intentionally very technical in nature and bike focused. Our county is starting to get it.

Have a great day.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Sounds like a good day Nick.
Coffee, invoicing, meet with electrician, tear up some trails riding in steady rain, then more office work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at work. Parking lot is mysteriously empty... :brow:

I must go for a night ride tonight. The weather this week is sounding fabulous. Hurrah.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am replying to this GMT because it is on top. I swam this morning. Badly. Meh.

We're "supposed" to get up to an inch of badly needed rain today. Bring it.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
About to start coffee on the left coast. Today is a big day, going to try and buy a property that my grandfather missed in the early 70's, my father could never secure, now it is my turn and the iron is hot. I will strike it! I'm nervous as hell about it though.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rain here is supposed to hold off until tonight. I am gonna get in a trail ride hopefully before it starts. Been unseasonably warm here for the last week and I want to enjoy as much of it as I can.

Split wood under the super moon last night and then had the best nights sleep I have had in a long while. Maybe I should fell a few more trees.....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Back at work. Parking lot is mysteriously empty... :brow:

I must go for a night ride tonight. The weather this week is sounding fabulous. Hurrah.
My wife picked a crappy week to go to Paris. It's gorgeous here too, and I'm missing out on some fabulous riding. I could hire a sitter to watch the kids, but then I'd need a wheel on my bike to ride.

My wheel is at the shop getting a new rim installed. The old rim has too many flat spots, bent sidewalls that can't be pulled back anymore, and a pulled out spoke (at the eyelet). It owes me nothing - it served me for two full seasons. It's a Spank Oozy Trail 295. It will be replaced by the same rim. It's funny caus' the shop I brought it too, the owner also sells own-branded Chinese carbon rims. When I was telling him I was dubious of carbon rims, and he was looking at my flat spots and bent sidewalls, he said any one of those impacts could have cracked a carbon rim. This comforted me in my decision not to drop the coin on the plastic fantastic rims.

About to go make a coffee at work. yum. I think I'll go home for lunch today and have some leftover chili.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sedona. Meh.

Just got a hot lap on some tamer trails yesterday afternoon, we didn't have much time after working most of the day then stopping by Over The Edge to buy a map and get some beta. Turns out one of the best descents in the area basically drops right back to the AirBnB we're staying at, so I have a solid route planned for this afternoon right from the house. Stoked.

I guess I just don't understand fashion. :(
Scars are so hawt right now.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In a funk. A wife funk. She says so many random painful things... I think she wants out. Which would be fine... except the Kiddo pain.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to work. Had a fun trip to SoCal to visit the family. Took Haley to Disneyland and she loved it. Her favorite ride was the Big Mountain Railway, which is a rollercoaster. Which is awesome. Did a bunch of trail running while there, which was nice.

Phone died yesterday when I was trying to setup a hotspot for Wifey. I get to have the fun of sorting out having no phone when Wifey is leaving for SF tomorrow. Giddy.

Otherwise, swam this morning, run tonight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In a funk. A wife funk. She says so many random painful things... I think she wants out. Which would be fine... except the Kiddo pain.
shit, that sucks. I hope you can find a solution where everyone is happier in the end. it's a tough one to figure out. is riding bikes the answer?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I like Sedona. I want to go back to Sedona. Where, pray tell, is this Air BnB?
We're staying in a room at Cathedral Rock Retreat, and I believe we are actually the hosts first guests ever. So far they're awesome—very nice people. It's a very yoga/spirituality/meditation inspired space, and I believe they also host meditative retreats here. So there are some house rules that might not work for some people, but otherwise it's amazing.
The meh is strong with this one...
#unemployMEHnt

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
:thumbsdown:

Start couples counseling now, if you haven't already. I'm a believer in a proper head shrinking.
Been there, done that. We are both seeing individually now. At a loss currently. Finding myself needing to talk about it. If I keep processing the garbage my head clears out...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That sucks, boostindoubles.

I am at work. Lots of people with pancreas cancer on the schedule today. That also sucks. On the upside I made sure to bring all the parts for my helmet light so I will blind the prairie dogs and homeless dudes camped out by the greenway on my commute home.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My most recent pair of leather hiking boots had absolutely zero break-in period. It was rather odd... perhaps you will be as fortunate?
My Asolos required no break in and are still the most comfortable boots I own, even after 10+ miles on the trail.

The boots I just got are these:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My wife picked a crappy week to go to Paris. It's gorgeous here too, and I'm missing out on some fabulous riding. I could hire a sitter to watch the kids, but then I'd need a wheel on my bike to ride.
Yah that is bummer! There is talk of the temperature reaching 18 on Friday, which is AWESOME. No grandparents or family relatives to look after them for a few hours?

@boostindoubles that sucks to hear man. I have no advice or anything for that situation...hang in there. Ride bikes..

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@boostindoubles sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch. I really don't have many words for ya, but if you just need to get isht off your chest you know the Monkey will listen (or read). The one thing that comes to mind is this: my parents divorced when I was pretty young, around age 12 I think. Old enough to be aware of what was going on, but young enough that it certainly had an effect. What I remember from then and how I feel now 31 years later is that I eventually realized that they were (and are) both better parents to my brother and I after the divorce. While they weren't good partners to each other, they made a promise to us and kept it. I doubt it was easy (particularly for my Ma since my Dad was having an affair) but they sorted it out. Good luck.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sedona. Meh.

Just got a hot lap on some tamer trails yesterday afternoon, we didn't have much time after working most of the day then stopping by Over The Edge to buy a map and get some beta. Turns out one of the best descents in the area basically drops right back to the AirBnB we're staying at, so I have a solid route planned for this afternoon right from the house. Stoked.

Scars are so hawt right now.
Hmmm, why was not that girl pedaling the crap out of cow crap with us in ND? :monkey: