Quantcast

CBGB's Prevails!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
You could spend days inside CBGB's just reading the crap on the walls and trying to imagine how many amazing bands have stood on that stage in that tiny little bar and influenced others.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Potroast88 said:
You could spend days inside CBGB's just reading the crap on the walls and trying to imagine how many amazing bands have stood on that stage in that tiny little bar and influenced others.
And all of three seconds in the bathroom before every sensory nerve in your body was screaming, "GET OUT NOWW!!!"

:dead:

Edit: the bathroom at CB' is about the nastiest place on earth. The roaches are even disgusted.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
H8R said:
I love that little sh*thole.

:thumb:
I think the 15th Street Tavern in Denver would have it beat. In my book it beat out the old 9:30 Club as far as being a dump.

But I have never been to CBGB's so I can't judge.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
that place is awesome.. i was in there last week . I have had so many good times there..ahh the memories.. anyway. glad to see they are sticking around

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stevew said:
I think the 15th Street Tavern in Denver would have it beat. In my book it beat out the old 9:30 Club as far as being a dump.

But I have never been to CBGB's so I can't judge.
CBGB's makes the old 9:30 look like the Playboy Mansion.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Big Black roxers your soxers. Hammer Party is a better album, though not as interesting an avitar. :cool:
is hammer party _atomizer_ on cd w/ the _Racer-X_ ep tacked on?

if so, i agree w/ you. on 2nd thought, i think that's _the rich man's 8 track tape_.

top Big Black songs:

- kerosene (one of THE most distinctive intros ever).
- jordan minnesota
- cables
- fish fry
- trouser minnow
- their cover of Kraftwerk's "The Model" (the sleeve kills me - this is the Cheap Trick side, i couldn't find a pic of the other side)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
CBGB's is not about the place. Because of the relative narrowness, it is hard to see if you are way in the back.

CBGB's is about the bands and longevity. Part of it is being located in NY, but considering I have seen it many times from the perspective of the gargage band starting out, it was a place where you could get a break.