Quantcast

CCCX #3 - Whos going?!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
me!....

I sorta want to try chainless too, but trying to buy a house has made me poor... it's either chainless or beer this weekend. Decisions decisions.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
PUMPED it looks like they are finally going to be more organized and compensate for the HUGE turn outs.

• DH Race #3- For race #3 there will be three people at the registration tables checking riders in on race day. This will make registration quicker for everyone. At the start line there will be 2 people organizing the starting order based on the sign in sheet for start times at registration. Please do not try and start earlier then your selected start time. Riders doing multiple divisions should go to front of the line so they can post multiple runs on the day without running late. The starter will have a list of the riders who signed up for more then one division.

• Course Profile #3- The course for race #3 will be somewhat similar to race #1. It will be super fast at the start with the highest speeds of the course in the first 1 minute of the race. The recent rains combined with hours of trail work have made the race route extremely fast, with all the trails in great shape. The race route will have fire roads, single track, tight and open corners, and off camber sections to challenge each rider. The speeds will be high, yet there will also be some slow turns where riders need to practice break checking and work on tire traction in the corners. The times will be around 3 minutes plus- for this test of skill, ability and fitness.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
paying 15 bucks to push your bike for an hour and ride for 4 minutes got old for me. gonna pass.
Haha! You're doing it wrong! Everyone knows you're supposed to bay 30 bucks to push your bike for 4 hours and ride for 16 minutes. (I'm local so I'm heading out after work to check the course out.) It's better than sittin at home watchin TV!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha! You're doing it wrong! Everyone knows you're supposed to bay 30 bucks to push your bike for 4 hours and ride for 16 minutes. (I'm local so I'm heading out after work to check the course out.) It's better than sittin at home watchin TV!
Helmet cam it and post it for me! I can't make it out today. Bummed. I will be out there in the am though.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
SONOFA

heh

Whatever, I am just PUMPED to be racing tomorrow!

Ben says its dry as **** out there right now, like it didn't even catch any rain.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Yeah, it looked like it MIGHT have rained for like a second out there on Wednesday, otherwise I don't think toro got very much.... I just want 5:00 to hurry up and get here so I can go check it out!@!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hahaha. That was indeed fun.... yeah, maybe a little less beer next time. Although, did you see the retarded grin on my face as I crossed the line for chainless? I was having FUN!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you even need DH bikes for this series? Watching the videos, a 5" trail bike looks best...