Quantcast

CCCX DH #4 Photos

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
nice shots dude... especially the one of my back-fat flapping in the breeze off the jump.

I don't think as many people would give me a hard time about tucking in my shirt if they saw that shot.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice man. I wish I knew that was you, I would have come by to say hi.

I might be racing the last one, well see how fast I am feeling. I still have a lot of training to do to get back to normal...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
The categories are a little ridiculous

19-34 ?!?

34 ?!?!/!?1?!?

Should be 24 tops

Then 25+
Serious, you blew me out of the water while sick...

Of course on the flip side I kind of like it. It still gives me a chance to race with the young fast kids so if I get on the podium it feels like I earned it.

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
yeah dawgggg

I need to pick up a 37t e13 ring from ABS soon... I was spun out by the time I got to the first corner from the start hahahahahah

we had 10 Zona's in the car ready to go all good flavors

Black n' White are the best pre-race because they don't have any corn syrup hahahah

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Nah. I'm over the racing thing, man. I'll never get sponsored, and racing was too expensive to prove worth my time. Plus, it kinda' killed the fun of it for me. I just want to ride. :-)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... The Force is strong with this one... but not strong enough to help me win races or feel confident enough to move up to Expert.

My thing is I'm stuck in Sport. Always have been. Always will be. I get nervous racing, make stupid mistakes, and I prefer long rides at moderate paces rather than sprinting. I've never been a sprinter.

I'm fast enough to have fun. But racing just isn't for me, although I definitely see the fun in it. I might randomly stop by for a race this season, but I'm not going to go full bore like I did last year.

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I used to hate racing. But after a few years of just riding for me it really grew on me.

The pressure of putting together a solid run is pretty fun to me. Might be from the years of racing mx and bmx when I was a kid.