Quantcast

cccx info please

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Im looking for info on the cccx dh races. I live in southern oregon and we dont have much in the racing dept here. So a web site with info or dates, directions really anything will be huge help for me.

EDIT: Is the chdh series worth going to. I have a friend that lives in santa cruz so i have a reasonable close place to stay. as of right now i fully intend to race the series unless monkeys say it really isnt worth it.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
Im looking for info on the cccx dh races. I live in southern oregon and we dont have much in the racing dept here. So a web site with info or dates, directions really anything will be huge help for me.
The site is www.cccx.org.

It would be a ridiculously long drive for you from Oregon. Probably about 6-7 hours for a course that really doesn't warrant a DH bike.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
While the cccx is cool, I would probably be upset if I drove all the way from oregon to do a 3 minute race that I only got maybe 2 or 3 at the max practice runs in for due to the hike back up.

If you do roll in from oregon, maybe drop some of the guys around Monterey/Santa Cruz area a pm and they can take you on some other local trails as well.

If you're comming down for something that feels like a full blown race though, I'd go for sea otter(also not really needing a full on dh bike) or chdh.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
If your looking for a full blown race, with shuttles, and tech courses, and norba officials yelling at you.. cccx isn't for you.

If youre down with a race where you hike to the top, and the official tells you to take your time and let him know when you want to do your run, you'll like cccx.

The course is generally fun, fast, flowy, and real pedally.
Hardly a rock to be seen, but fun. They have good timing, actual awards, etc. After your run you can just ask the guy in the booth what your time was and he'll tell you, rather than cover his ears.

I sure as hell wouldn't drive from Oregon.. but more power to you.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
thanks guys im trying to figure out how to justify buying a new car to make the drive to ride my bike. hoping to somehow write it off as a business expense. but if i do make it down ill hit up my fellow monkeys for some non race riding.