Quantcast

CCCX Pics - Post em' here...

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
I guess I'm really sucky at the internet. Could you link to your album or something because I can't get anything when I type in your name in the search area.

Also, x-post from the other CCCx thread, what was the course like? The pics I can see make it look awesome and more downhill than the others, but anyone care to give a full description for someone who was stuck elsewhere?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
We didnt meet but you got a photo of me!
"Well! Aren't I motor-boatin' sonnova-b1sh... an old sailor???" Haha...

Sorry about the picture quality. I mean, the quality isn't even that bad. But there were just no good places for photos. Further down was too narrow to find a good place to stand, and where I shot this photo of you and everyone else, the sun was almost at your side/back.

In anycase, I'll definitely be there next month so hopefully we'll get a chance to chat.

The link to the album is as follows (I think):

Click here...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
thank god for practice runs, rear brakes went out, front brake on sandy hard pack, bad combo
I think I talked to you after your practice run unless you werent the only one to have their rear brakes to go out. I think you said you were at the top and you squeezed them and got nothing but a puddle of brake fluid on the ground. Was that you?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
yeah, I actually went pass the start line while lining up and the starter said "whoa, you gotta wait man" I cracked up.

my lever was flat on my bars, looked back at the trail of fluid behind me and my first thought was " no brakes should make me faster"

I guess during my practice crash, my rear caliper line got jolted enough to start a small leak. by the time I got to the top and gave it one good squeeze it was all dry.

I am running saints right now but I am riding with for hayes this year and waiting for my new set to show up.

I got back to hospital and filled and re-bled them and they worked fine.

I was a little sore for that practice run crash but I felt better after watching one kid endo off the bike at that big root and hit that tree dead square in the face at the creek bed crossing at the very end.

It made me realize things could be worse even with brakes, lol