Quantcast

CCCX Race #1!!!!!?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Anyone else on here attending besides Jenson and myself?

YAY RACES!

Course Profile Race #1- High speed fire road sections will lead riders directly into some very tight switchback turns to start out the course. The dirt is dry in most places and tire traction and air pressure will be key for the off camber switchback turns. The course then proceeds to drop down more single track that features fast turns and railing trail that tests a riders balance and breaking ability. The portion of the course near the finish will have your fitness check and pedaling comes into play as the trail evens out near the finish line. This course is the fastest course used for the series and overall speed is very high for the 1.8 mile course that drops 1000 feet in elevation.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Dude... If I had the cash, and the time off work, I'd be there just for fun.

We'd make it a light-travel-madness-Sunday-CCCX-DH-Race weekend... haha...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude... If I had the cash, and the time off work, I'd be there just for fun.

We'd make it a light-travel-madness-Sunday-CCCX-DH-Race weekend... haha...
Haha or even a Saturday depending on which race we can all make it to. Hopefully you can make it out to one or two this season. =]

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Maybe towards the end of the season, but June is going to be taken by wedding stuff, so after we get back from the honeymoon, I plan on being in Downieville or at Northstar every weekend of July. :-)

I'm so excited. Haha...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'm goin, Kelly too. This could be interesting, I got back to the gym the other day and realized how out of shape I was after getting sick. Either way, I can't wait to pedal my butt off this weekend.

Josh- are you comming down for sat. practice? What class are you racing this time? Sport or expert?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Man, I would love to hit up Northstar as soon as I have a big bike again. Hopefully sometime after the Sea Otter I will have some extra cash to put towards the Primer. I also think we all need to plan a Downieville trip together!

Brian, I will be there doing sport again. I'm not good enough/ride enough to be at the expert level yet. Well see how this year pans out. I think you are going to be my main competition AGAIN. And once Todd starts, hes going to be right there too haha! Were all too close in da skillz department. lol

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Heheh, this season will be fun then. I might have to tone down the ammount of sat. night beers I drink before the race.... unless you guys are drinkin :D I have a feeling you're going to be fast on that Tomac this time around...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha yeah well see with the drinking haha

I hope I can step it up now that I'm not doing the super d course on a big bike. Watch out Brian. =] haha

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Congrats Byoung! 5th place! And also great work Brian, 3rd beating me by less than a second with both of us crashing. Jerk. =]

Good work Jamie for 3rd in Expert. Impressive as always.

Great seeing everyone out there!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So, Joshy, you took 4th?

Nice man!
Yep, I ended up with 4th. Pretty happy with a podium for my first race. Pretty excited for the rest of the season.

The race was a blast even with a few crashes in practice and in my race run. Mike, you missed out. =P :monkeydance:

You guys like my new avatar? haha

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Nice avy man.

And yeah, I know. If I could have been there, I'd definitely have brought out my MkIII. The 7point had always been too much bike for that place.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
avatar is good, I dig the guiness.

More than 6" of travel is a little too much for cccx, the 5 on my cannondale feels just about right.

Josh! No crashing for us next time, we could be fast if we didn't fall all over ourselves :D

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
avatar is good, I dig the guiness.

More than 6" of travel is a little too much for cccx, the 5 on my cannondale feels just about right.

Josh! No crashing for us next time, we could be fast if we didn't fall all over ourselves :D
Haha seriously. We just suck at bikes I think. =]

So funny that we both stacked at had almost the same exact time. .10 of a second. Damn...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
thanks josh i was expecting worst than 5th. not bad for my first sport race.
Hell yeah dude! You did great! Is that why you didnt stick around for awards? Good work man.

Rick, thanks so much for coming out and getting all of the photos! It's really cool to have someone out there like you getting great pictures of all the racers.