Quantcast

CCCX Race #1

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
haha i'll prolly have the cam on me but i dont really have the supplies for shooting action unless its nice and sunny out and i can use my big lens. soon as i get some flashes(besides my ancient speedlite) i'll be down to shoot some

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
Yeah def planning on being there unless my knee acts up but i doubt it will act up like it did today snowboarding. look for the green tacoma with black fenders that will be me

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Nope, it went on.

I've got a few pictures if anyone is interested. Give me your race number, and if I have a picture of you, I'll post it up.

Here's a few of people I'm sure frequent the boards here... (Sorry Josh, the one of you I wasn't ready for after dodging your buddy's handlebar. LOL!)

Here you go:

Ian

Johnny V.

Sorry dude... I forgot your name... :(

Aaron before crashing...

Aaron after crashing...

Sorry, man. I forgot your name too. I'm horrible with names. :(

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
The only reason it looks nice is because I was taking pictures when the sun was still out. My race run was at 12:04pm. By 12:45 is was sprinkling and almost raining. By 1:30 is was soaking wet.

But it was SUPER fun!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks Mike for the photos!

It was a lot of fun! Except for all of the rain, waiting a long time for a start, and all of the mud in my eyes.

I didn't get DFL on my first pro race. I am pumped. Next time, I need to keep my goggles out of the rain on the way up so I can use them. =[

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
dude. I was probably slower, but I had a freakin blast racing in the mud! Good times and good hanging out with everyone. I need to get a bigger easy up.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Brian, how did that video come out? I bet the beginning was funny =] Youtubez link?

It was great seeing and meeting everyone out there. T killed it out there. Nice work man!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
**Dr Huckstable, and everyone else. I had to change the direct link to the photos I posted earlier. If you saw that I ALREADY POSTED a picture of you, and you want it but didn't save it, let me know. I'll post it again.**

I will be out at every CCCX race event this season (I think). I don't take as good of photos as Rick R., but I have fun. You'll usually only see me taking pictures when I'm resting between practice runs, or after I race. Hence why I don't have a lot of pictures of everyone. My time behind the camera is limited due to time on the bike. :D

Say hi to me next time. The name's Mike.

------------

seattle hans and Dr Huckstable, I don't have any of 920e. Sorry, guys.

303flyer, I don't have anything for 930 or 435. But I have some pictures of two dudes both wearing a lot of red Fox gear walking up the trail. They're not bad shots, just not action shots. One guy is on a white/red Demo with a white Fox40, and the other guy is on a grey Sunday with a 2005 Boxxer.

I have two more non-action shots of these guys... was either of these guys you?

rockbike, you are in luck. Unfortunately, my camera repeatedly was on a mission to focus on the trees/bushes behind the rider, instead of on the rider himself/herself. Either way, I have this one of you. Next time I'll bring my flash, and get better shots.

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
got any of 406. i had the red boxxer.
The 406 I had listed above was on a bike with a white Fox40 (see picture). I didn't snag any shots of anyone with a red Boxxer, and I only remember seeing two guys with red Boxxers out there. One of them on a Mongoose ECD (I think).

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
That was awesome. Thanks for posting that man!

I know I could have been faster for the race if I had my goggles. Notice the length of the video? damn it.
I watched the clock. I think you would have gotten sub-3 minutes.

VERY nice, dude.

I'll probably be on the MkIII next time around... we shall see. Watching you guys sprint on your short travel bikes makes me jealous. I think that's where I lost a LOT of time.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I watched the clock. I think you would have gotten sub-3 minutes.

VERY nice, dude.

I'll probably be on the MkIII next time around... we shall see. Watching you guys sprint on your short travel bikes makes me jealous. I think that's where I lost a LOT of time.
On that course it's a really a toss up. The high speed section at the top feels way better on a longer wheelbase, and some of those rutted out berms in the rain would have probably been nice on a big travel bike where you can just smash it through the turns, but then there's the sprint.....

At any rate, I'm pretty sure riding the Zumbi this time out was pretty much manditory since you just built it up.

Hmm... for some reason, the audio is out of sync on the vid. The whole "pedal! pedal!" yelling is supposed to be on the climb

Last edited: