Quantcast

CCCX this weelend??

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Longest hike/ride to the top ever.
Good god dude. I'm just stoked that, even with all the bitching about hiking that we go through every week, tons of people show up for every race. This one was definitely the smallest in terms of turnout but it's doing pretty well for a mellow DH track that people have to push up.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hiking to the top, it just took forever. I only managed to get half a practice run in this morning and then I had to turn right back around to get in a 1:30 start time.

The run totally made it worth it though and the hike up the upper section was cool because you could watch everyone comming down as you went up. The fire road up top was awesome. Beavers- how fast did you get going? Like 54 mph or something like that? I needed a bigger chainring.

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
i dont know how fast my top speed was, but it has to be at least 54mph. it was ripping fast at the top. we need to have a 5 minute course of just fire road like that. and then run 4 guys down it, eliminator style. that'd be a sweet race.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I would be all over that in a second. There's a possibility I'll be devoting some free time this week to finding just such a fire road.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
i dont know how fast my top speed was, but it has to be at least 54mph. it was ripping fast at the top. we need to have a 5 minute course of just fire road like that. and then run 4 guys down it, eliminator style. that'd be a sweet race.
WTF?! A 7:29?! Stop sandbagging already! :pirate2:

Congrats, that's retarded fast.

The pelvis feels great and I'm at like 75%... Brian broke his wrist btw and Leland wrecked himself pretty well though at Fontana last weekend. Check out the results for a good laugh. Dan didn't even plan on racing short track, then he pulled that off. WTF?!

See you guys on December 15th!

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
dude, you're all broke off down there. Los Osos is struck with a curse. ever since i left, the town badasses are getting ruined. i might cruise down not this weekend but the next and hang out with you guys. i'll let it rain a little more out in MDO before I come enjoy it's goodness. I'll take you guys to the beach maybe.