Quantcast

CCDB Air loss with sitting?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Just got a CCDB air, brand new, it seems to leak over time. 14 days ago i inflated to 175, today it is 125. Normal or do I have a problem?

*shock has just been sitting

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I wonder if using it a bit would move around lubrication on the air spring seals and it would seal better?

It's worth a shot...

Also, it seems like a lot of pumps will read lower than whats actually in the shock since they have to pressurize before they give a reading. 50 pounds is a pretty big jump though.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Just got a CCDB air, brand new, it seems to leak over time. 14 days ago i inflated to 175, today it is 125. Normal or do I have a problem?

*shock has just been sitting
dude, when you put the pump on the shock, air comes out of the shock and fills up the hose giving you a different reading than when you last pumped it :thumb:

now 50 psi is quite a bit but unless you have a high quality pump, my guess is that shock is perfectly fine.Beside, is a 175 psi fair amount of pressure and even if you did have even the smallest of the leaks, it would go much lower than 125.

Last edited:

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
My experiance with air shocks is the pump (rock shox) will read 10psi lower than i pumped it up at the first time. also after a rebuild the shock will leak until its first use due to excess amounts of lube under the seals. untill that stuff is pushed around a little I think its possible for air to leak out. this could be the same for new shocks but I never noticed that.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Cool, I will reset it to 175 and ride it a bit and see what happens, its not necessarily a huge problem, but if its not supposed to I would rather send it back brand new than "jra"

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
the qa on cane creed db airs seems to be rather not solid ^^ a friend of mine got two.
one for his v10 and another for his enduro.
both had bushing play (even the first replacements sent to him by cc were not ay better) and the 2nd one looses all air within a day ^^

so imho if in doubt call them and send it back.

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
Mine was leaking air via the schraeder valve after the first ride. I just tightened it up a bit with a valve tool and it's been fine since.

chup29

Chimp
Sep 9, 2009
Ashland
are you a ryan dungey fan? that might be the problem, the instant he started bouncing on that thing at A3 i felt all the air in my various air sprung suspensions suddenly fail

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Feels like it has to go back, took it down from the wall to bounce on it, and its got negative at the top stroke. Left upside down overnight and nothin changed. Guess I'm unlucky

staike

Monkey
May 19, 2011
Norway
You wouldn't notice such a big difference in the pressure like some people say. On a piggyback which has a very small air chamber and a big percentage of the air goes into the pump to get a reading, yes. On a relatively high volume air spring chamber, no, maybe 5 psi at most.