Quantcast

CCDB Fitting

Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Can anybody speak to the compatibility of a cane creek double barrel fitting on a 2004 Turner 5 Spot?

My concern is the piggyback hitting the downtube upon full compression.

I believe Turner started in 2005, putting a little angle on their downtubes to compensate for shocks with piggy backs.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Best thing to do is to contact Turner or CC to get that advice. I know Cane Creek has a very extensive database of frames that are compatible and of ones that aren't. It goes back quite far too, I have an 05 frame from another Mfg'r and Malcolm was able to verify a fitting very quickly.

Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've exhausted all resources. Talked to Malcolm over at CC and he was only able to go back as far as 2005 in verifying that the shock would fit. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the 04 and 05 frame, but its too expensive of a shock to order on assumptions.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I've exhausted all resources. Talked to Malcolm over at CC and he was only able to go back as far as 2005 in verifying that the shock would fit. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the 04 and 05 frame, but its too expensive of a shock to order on assumptions.
I agree with that. Probably the only person that can really answer this (unless there is someone running a CCDB on an 04 Turner) would be Dave himself. He can tell you if there is any difference between the 04 model and the 05 model. Chances are, if you get a hold of him, that he will tell you a lot more than you need to know, he is cool like that :)

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
call Turner...ask for Greg or Dave...get any and all Turner bike questions answered.

If you want to wade into it...you could do some digging around the Turner forum @ mtbr. Lots of long time Turner guys with a penchant for bling. Some of them are a little...mmmm...well..... I dont think they get out much.

FYI it fits my 07 pack with lots of room to spare...(it has some spot parts) not that it is relevant at all. I could take some measurements of the shock that might give you an answer if that could help.