Quantcast

Ccdb Question!!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am light (very) and have the new one on the way. Malcolm said they were going to be ready on the 15th, so mine should arrive any time now. I'll let ya know how it goes...
Did you get yours yet?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, the new ones are out now. Got mine last week. The new range of adjustment is HUGE! So glad to get that vivid off my dh bike...

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Got mine too... thoughts later once I get some runs on it (came off a BOS Stoy previously).

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
question: with rebound full open (fast, whatever) how fast does your suspension rebound? I can bottom out super hard with full open rebound and have it feel like I'm using wayyyyy to much rebound damping. Far from worrying about getting bucked, I can basically feel myself slowing down through every rock garden I hit within about 3 rocks. I should be on a 450 lb spring, but I can't get the rebound force I need from that spring because there is so much damping. Is that normal? I always thought the CCDB was supposed to have a big range in everything.

question: with rebound full open (fast, whatever) how fast does your suspension rebound? I can bottom out super hard with full open rebound and have it feel like I'm using wayyyyy to much rebound damping. Far from worrying about getting bucked, I can basically feel myself slowing down through every rock garden I hit within about 3 rocks. I should be on a 450 lb spring, but I can't get the rebound force I need from that spring because there is so much damping. Is that normal? I always thought the CCDB was supposed to have a big range in everything.
You must be on the older style (read narrower range) damping adjusters.

The new damping adjusters are much more open at fully open (fast).

In fact when i run my LSR fully open on my sunday with the new damping adjusters I get a small top out clunk when I cycle the suspension when I'm of the bike as there is basically no damping at the very low speeds.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
William42 -
I'd highly recommend sending your shock to Malcolm and getting it upgraded to the latest 2010 tune. I've read a lot of your comments about it, and I think you'll be happy on the new tune. It caters for far lower springrates than what you're on. If you purchased the shock brand new and tell him you are unhappy, he will probably look after you.