Quantcast

CCDB tuning

sanjosedre

Chimp
Jun 14, 2008
San Jose, Ca
Yall,
My situation is this, I have my ccdb tuned for a local trail that has plenty of jumps, drops, g-outs, & berms. In that regard it works flawlessly. What I want to find out is how to tune it for a trail like downieville where there aren't any jumps or drops but instead just fast singletrack. I have 5mm of pre-load on the spring & that gets me about 35% SAG. I also have the high speed compression almost fully open & I am not getting full travel. The bike I am running it on is an Intense SS.

Should I try & decrease the preload as a next step?

thanks in advance,
Dre

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Yall,

Should I try & decrease the preload as a next step?

thanks in advance,
Dre
Sounds reasonable. The thing I like about having a CCDB is that I've set it up once, and it just seems to work perfect everywhere without changing the settings. You mentioned what you have the HSC at but not the other settings. Its hard to give advice not knowing what everything is et at. I will completely refrain from giving advice as there are 50 people on here with 50 different opinions on tuning CCDB's. There are a few guys who work/ride for Cane Creek . Your best bet would be to just call them.

sanjosedre

Chimp
Jun 14, 2008
San Jose, Ca
Settings are (from fully open):
8 clicks of low speed comp
1 full turn of HS-Reb
14 clicks of HS-Reb

I plan on calling Cane Creek tomorrow but since I am stuck at work today I thought I would throw it out there.

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
Settings are (from fully open):
8 clicks of low speed comp
1 full turn of HS-Reb
14 clicks of HS-Reb

I plan on calling Cane Creek tomorrow but since I am stuck at work today I thought I would throw it out there.
I think you mean 14 clicks of LSR. instead of HSR.

what springrate do you have and how much do you weigh? (just curious)

I keep pretty much everything set the same on my ccdb with the exception of changing the LS compression from 8 clicks to 24 clicks in depending on what I'm riding. You may want to stiffen your low and high speed compression for the trail ride with less drops, jumps, etc and speed up (less dampening) on the LS rebound for the non jump/drop trail. That's what i would do. Just for reference my shock is on an SX Trail.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
What bike are you running? That is the most important question.

Last edited:

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
That is a much tougher beast to tune for. Intense would know better then anyone else here where the starting adjustments need to be. VPP has an odd ratio when going through travel.