Quantcast

CChris prepares for Arrival of MMike

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
Hey All,

As you know, MMike is moving the Family back to where he came from. Maybe the mountains aren't as tall; maybe the riding isn't as crazy; maybe the snow doesn't fall as deep; maybe the roads aren't as smooth; maybe the grocery stores don't have the same variety; maybe the cable TV doesn't offer comedy central; maybe the gas is more expensive; maybe parts for his twisted up bike aren't as readily available, the list goes on....

BUT, it is the place where he is from and we welcome him back. Back will be the days of not wanting to mow the lawn; of scraping down the icy slopes of the local hills; of not wanting to shovel the driveway; speaking french to the guy in the depanneur or whatever; etc...

But who to ride with? Where is the posse?

So for the sake of MMike's sanity, I think the entire DHing community needs to pull together and show him your support by giving me a DH bike. For a dollar. You owe it to yourselves to do something good, don't you think?

Come on now... show you care.

Persuasively yours,

-CChris

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
No no no! I`m just opening an avenue through which people can do good in this harsh world we live in and feel good about themselves. You know...warm cockles and the like...

Like this morning, I helped an old lady across the street. She put up a bit of a struggle, but I got her across. She was a pistol that one!!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
You will be buying you own damned bike.

I begged you to buy Spomer's iron horse. The deal of a life time. But no.

So you lose.

I don't need you anyway. Screw you. I've got zedro and Transcend.

Oh and you need you pick me up at the airport.

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
Where is the love?...

I just need to beef up my Trek a little. Maybe put some dirt tires on it, put on some new brake shoes, hairspray on the rims...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Be carefull....

You are MMikes brother

You are asking for a DH bike from us for $1

I wouldn't ride any DH bike bought for a Dollar sold to MMikes brother.

To many things can go wrong with that scenario. :D Guilty by association and all.

Rhino

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
He'll be fine on his Trek 820 Antelope. He'll be the envy of everyone at bromont with his Biopace cranks, Tioga T-bone stem, threaded headset, DEORE SIS thumb shifters, toe baskets, and 6 speed cassette....

Oh and Mom said you aren't going climing on Sunday so you'll be picking us up? Bring Dad's Jeep. There's no way everything will fit in the 3. We have to strap Emily's car seat in too....

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
Those are Deore II shifters and XTII brake levers I`ll have you know... Better put the Farmer John and Stump Jumper back on.

And yes, I`ll get the Jeep. The 3 does hold quite a bit though...

As for the $1 bike, I`m flexible...how bout $US 1.00 and a Laser? (sailboat kind, not the 'set on stun' kind...I know that would be a Phaser (z?) WHAT-EVER!)

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
Just wait til you see the place I ACTUALLY found for you to live...

BOOHOOWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaa!!!!.....cough cough...

tardo

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
CChris said:
Just wait til you see the place I ACTUALLY found for you to live...

BOOHOOWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaa!!!!.....cough cough...

tardo
Oh lord...I can't IMAGINE the beat-down Brenda would give you... I mean you know what she's like normally. Now try sleep-deprived and stressed out beyond anything any of us have ever known..... And then she would kill me. So I guess she and Emily could just move in with Lynn.....

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
In all seriousness....

For the Canadians out there, what would one say is the minimum that it would cost to get set up with a bike that wouldn`t suck. I've ridden a Balfa BB7, my bros Yeti, my bros old GT and a Kona Joyride at Whistler.

The Joyride was an awesome bike, but maybe that was more a function of the terrain than the bike itself.

So?...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
CChris said:
In all seriousness....

For the Canadians out there, what would one say is the minimum that it would cost to get set up with a bike that wouldn`t suck. I've ridden a Balfa BB7, my bros Yeti, my bros old GT and a Kona Joyride at Whistler.

The Joyride was an awesome bike, but maybe that was more a function of the terrain than the bike itself.

So?...
You're talking used or brand new?

Starting at $2k in the use you get a decent bike... and I heard Mike is a pretty good wrench so you should be fine! ;)

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
I suppose used is the way to go. So 2K, eh? I'm normally pretty easy on bikes so hopefully I can keep the thing running. Aren't discs like $80 a piece?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Those ads are all in some weird jibberish. Why don't they post in English?

(After 6 years of being the canadian pain in the ass in the US, I need to start acting like the "americanized canadian" pain in the ass for back home)

"Down in the states, grocery stores are open 24 hours a day!"

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
MMike said:
They are also right next to my house... :rolleyes:

Yeah try to absorb a bit of French while in town... it might fills some gap in your personality... :eviltongu :think: :p :p

In all seriousness, hope you are glad to be back!

CChris

Chimp
Jul 20, 2004
The Monch
MMike said:
Those ads are all in some weird jibberish. Why don't they post in English?

(After 6 years of being the canadian pain in the ass in the US, I need to start acting like the "americanized canadian" pain in the ass for back home)

That should be: "Americanised"

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Necrothread

It's Emily's birthday today. She's now 7. I did a search to see if I could find her "birth announcement thread". But it looks like it was a victim of the great thread purge of 2004.

This is the earliest one that makes reference to her........started by Da Peach's alter ego.

So all that to say....Happy Birthday to Emily

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I think I just forgot I had it.

It was pretty clever though, eh?

Oh, and yes, happy BDay to Emily. I'll call after lunch!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CChris again"

I hate that guy. Glad he doesn't post here anymore.