Quantcast

C'Dale HeadShock...Can it be changed out?

drifter

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
Oak Hill, VA
Hey guys, I am getting a 2000 Cannondale F1000SL pretty soon, and have obsessive compulsive disorder or something like that(Gotta have/buy everything that's expensive-itis, must be a new disease...:D), and I was wondering how you go about changing out a HeadShock for something like a SID Race? I heard there was an adapter, but how much is it, and where do I get it? I haven't even gotten the bike, but I'm already planning for the upgrades...Haha. Oh well, it's 23 pounds already, let's make it lighter!:) Thanks guys!

Chur, chu cud change da fork. If ya gots a nice Cadie I cud cho you a place in TJ weres day will rip da leather of your seats an' replace it wit some nice nagahide tuck-n-rolled too.
Dare are a few makers of da adapter. I would gess dey only cost about 20 bucks. RST makes one, but I tinks I would go wit da one Cannondale makes. An' gets a nudder headset too. I don't tinks a SID will makes da bike lighter but it will flex more den da headshok sos yer front wheel can move side to side more freely. Da longer travel will also change all da angles of how da bike sets (called the geomitry) and make it handle differently then it was engineered ta do.
Are ya chur ya wants a Cannondale?

drifter

Chimp
Jul 1, 2001
Oak Hill, VA
Yes, I'm sure I want a C'Dale...It's the only bike that I've found that fits me perfectly, and I like it more than anything else I've tried(A whole lot of bikes, I can't even count them).

What I meant by the weight comment was in general...since I'm gonna be running into some extra money, why not make it lighter along with getting a new fork. See, I have this problem...No matter how little money I have, I must spend it on something.:D

Thanks for the info about the adapters, and one more question about the geometry. How much will it affect the bike? I know it will affect steering and stuff, but what about the way the bike fits? That would change too, right? The HeadShock on there is 70mm of travel, and jumping to 100mm kind of scares me. Would I be better off if I went with a SID XC(80mm)? Thanks!