Quantcast

CDCC Spring meeting

fly rider

Chimp
Mar 31, 2005
broomfield
If you would like to see more opportunities for freeride and downhill mountain biking, in the Front Range, the join us on Sunday, April 9th, at Grenade, at 5pm. Grenade, where Big Crank premiered Earthed 3 and Hypnosis, is located on Lincoln Street, between 11th and 12th, on the west side of the street. Many things have been happening this winter and we have alot planned for the rest of the year. Check out CDCC.org to update yourself on exactly what's been going on. Make sure you check out the advocacy blog there as well. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. The only excuse is Sea Otter, so if you're not going California, then get your but meeting. See you there.

dowend

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Boulder, Colorado
Is already having a trip planned to Moab that weekend a good enough excuse?

I didn't know the CDCC was even still alive!

Does that mean that my Bro Card is still good for something?

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
I will be in Arizona for school. Otherwise I would definitely be there. I just bought a freeride bike(first bike with suspension in 2 years), so I want to be involved again.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
I'll try and be there but just in case I can't be, I thought that I would try and toss out a potential area of interest for the CDCC. Echo Mountain back on Squaw Mountain pass in Evergreen!!!!!! In case anyone doesn't know, this is a ski resort that has opened up and is 100% terrain park in the winter time. It's independently owned and operated with a rad group of managers behind it. I talked with one of the guys at the resort tonight and he said that they are definitely interested in having DH bikes up there maybe not this summer but definitely the next. Like I said, idependently owned, including the land so that, added with the proximitity to denver(40 minutes from arbor I timed it tonight), and the fact that it would be a perfect sized mountain for 4 to 5 minute DH runs could add up to the prime location to put front range DH on the map! For any of you guys that want to check it out or get contact info check www.echomtnpark.com.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
fly rider said:
If you would like to see more opportunities for freeride and downhill mountain biking, in the Front Range, the join us on Sunday, April 9th, at Grenade, at 5pm. Grenade, where Big Crank premiered Earthed 3 and Hypnosis, is located on Lincoln Street, between 11th and 12th, on the west side of the street. Many things have been happening this winter and we have alot planned for the rest of the year. Check out CDCC.org to update yourself on exactly what's been going on. Make sure you check out the advocacy blog there as well. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. The only excuse is Sea Otter, so if you're not going California, then get your but meeting. See you there.
Denver? Arvada? Boulder? Longmont? Fort Collins? There's a lot of lincolns and 11th and 12th streets.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Man it looks like you guys have some things going your way over there.

I have some possibilities but I am almost on my own over here in Glenwood. I have one ski area and another private gondola interested in doing something. I am at the point of possibly mapping out trails and then seeing what it takes to build them. Some would be on national forest land so we would have to go through that whole approval process. With the Gondola there is a good chance of most of it being on private property. It is just that the bottom of the mountain is owned by a different person(mining company).

There is also some city property I need to look into. I have been told they have approved stunts on the trails they are planning to build this summer. The land is nothing exciting but it is open and you could make a killer 4x style trail on it.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
I assume the Gondola is the Glenwood Caverns? They have a road from the bottom to the top. Do you know if they own the land that the road is located on?
I have been there twice and the owners seem cool. They put a lot of money into the place and I assume they would be in to making more money. Especially if you and some other people would build most of the trails.
Let me know what happens. I go up to Glenwood quite a bit. It is my favorite mountain town. Plus it is an easy drive up there.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
The road down is on national forest. There are some trails to ride down but they are on private property owned by the company that does the mining there. The best thing about the Gondola, the place is dry right now and stays free of snow into December. Talk about a long riding season.