Quantcast

Cedric Leaving Cannondale?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
mhm this thread is really funny!
on the occasions i met cedric he seemed to be very cool down to earth drunk guy

on a bike he's extremely fast and focused.

he's a 26 year old guy who lives his life to the fullest
whats the problem?

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I think Cedric is good for the sport and a good person. Yes, I am a Christian too...

Somebody else said it above, but basically Cedric can be summed up in saying "things are never as bad or as good as they seem".

Most of what you people know about pro racers is what you read in mags, see in vids. Cedric is crazy, don't get me wrong. He's just part rockstar, part bike rider, and part French. He loves women, not hates them! Lots of what Cedric does/says is just in playing up an image. He has fun in life and never takes things too seriously, which is good...he has never been arrogant or hard to approach (alla Palmer).

There are guys like Cedric who can go out, get wasted and win. There are guys like Minnaar who go to bed early, wake up feeling good and win. (THEN get wasted...I know from experience)

Don't judge people without really knowing them. I learned how destructive this can be. In the end, who are we to ever judge anyway? As a Christian, that's part of the deal...

In the end, I'm a Tomac fan 100 percent, but would still like to hang out with guys like Cedric and love the way he rides his bike...

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Final post to this thread-hopefully. I don't judge Cedric y'all. I am sure I will be spending some more time with him this year as I was honored by the C-dale mtb team and invited to race with them. I am sure we will get into discussions and hopefully form a relationship. I can learn a lot from his abilities and techniques. His personal decisions to live the way he does is always going to be up to him but I don't agree that they are the way he truly wants to be. I lived that way for years and was a professional athlete that had very much the same image and access to all I wanted as he does. I know from the inside and from living that way that it is EMPTY and truly lonely. It appears as fun and living life to the fullest from the outside but I know how it is and it sucks. You know you are subject to audience acceptance and are constantly wanting to be accepted. There is a really good movie about all this called STOKED: the rise and fall of Mark "Gator" Rogowski- a pro skater who mirrored Cedric in the skateboarding world. Watch how he reacts to the public dropping his image and moving on to the next cool thing. It's hard. He had it all and then was left with nothing. Remember, you have responsibilty to him also, as a man and as a person who depends on you for a living. Watch the movie. I have lived it. I doubt many of you cedric supporters have. Experience is different than speculation or dreams. It's a different world than you think. I am grateful for this forum to be able to learn from you all and to be able to share what I have learned. Look for truth in your life and don't settle for crap. Good relationships are out there to be had, but they are serious work. Don't buy into the fleeting sexual relationships. It truly is a false image of happiness. "To be true to oneself, one must know one's self, truly." Peace, happy Holydays, Heath

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
dropmachine.com said:
DHS, thanks for the backup, the the balls are offlimits. No offense. ;)

What blows me away is the fact that nobody seems to take in to account the one sect that seems, on the surface anyways, to come out the worst in this.

The women.

Why is it that the assumption is made that Cedric is just "tossing them away" like peices of meat? Has anyone considered that if they do sleep with Ced, they might actually want to, and might actually just want a quick fling wiht a pro athlete? Why is that so tricky to understand?

Let me clarify: There's nothing at all wrong with having as much consensual sex as possible, hell we all want that and your point is valid to an extent - it's definitely mutual benefit - as long as he's upfront about no strings, etc., and they're into it, good for him. And without context who knows? Maybe it was just whacky self-mocking, making fun of his own image with a wink and a nod, not to be taken seriously.

But it's one thing to do it, and another to brag about it, if he did. To me that's just poor form, juvenile crap. I mean come on, impress me with your riding, not your "lifestyle."

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Heath,

Gator had bigger issues, I mean anyone who would commit murder is pretty messed up. But I think most of use see basically what you are saying. Just because your similar experiences were hollow doesn't mean Cedric's are too (But it doesn't mean they aren't either :) )

Anyway, let's all move on to another topic...

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Even though this thread seems a little off track right now, I heard from an extremely credible source today that Cedric is still with Cannondale and will be for the forseeable future. The C-dale race team next year will consist of 4 riders including Tinker, Christoph Sauser, Cedric and one other.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Heath Sherratt said:
Final post to this thread-hopefully. I don't judge Cedric y'all. I am sure I will be spending some more time with him this year as I was honored by the C-dale mtb team and invited to race with them. I am sure we will get into discussions and hopefully form a relationship. I can learn a lot from his abilities and techniques. His personal decisions to live the way he does is always going to be up to him but I don't agree that they are the way he truly wants to be. I lived that way for years and was a professional athlete that had very much the same image and access to all I wanted as he does. I know from the inside and from living that way that it is EMPTY and truly lonely. It appears as fun and living life to the fullest from the outside but I know how it is and it sucks. You know you are subject to audience acceptance and are constantly wanting to be accepted. There is a really good movie about all this called STOKED: the rise and fall of Mark "Gator" Rogowski- a pro skater who mirrored Cedric in the skateboarding world. Watch how he reacts to the public dropping his image and moving on to the next cool thing. It's hard. He had it all and then was left with nothing. Remember, you have responsibilty to him also, as a man and as a person who depends on you for a living. Watch the movie. I have lived it. I doubt many of you cedric supporters have. Experience is different than speculation or dreams. It's a different world than you think. I am grateful for this forum to be able to learn from you all and to be able to share what I have learned. Look for truth in your life and don't settle for crap. Good relationships are out there to be had, but they are serious work. Don't buy into the fleeting sexual relationships. It truly is a false image of happiness. "To be true to oneself, one must know one's self, truly." Peace, happy Holydays, Heath

dude come back to planet earth, im sure this is relevant to something, but not this thread :confused:....it isnt about inner self worth and happiness its about gracia and being with cannondale...:angry:

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Mike B. said:
Even though this thread seems a little off track right now, I heard from an extremely credible source today that Cedric is still with Cannondale and will be for the forseeable future. The C-dale race team next year will consist of 4 riders including Tinker, Christoph Sauser, Cedric and one other.
Ive got a good feeling that you are right about this. Just a hunch.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
neversummersnow said:
...he has never been arrogant or hard to approach (alla Palmer).
I dont like Palmer getting a bad rep like this either. I have allways been a fan of Palmer. I had heard a ton of stuff like that before and started believing it. Ive talked to the guy twice in my life and both times he was SUPER cool. I congratulated him on his ride at mt snow one year he seemed sorta upset he was knocked out in a round of slalom but I told him I loved watching him ride and he was stoked and gave me his jersey. Ive still got it hanging on my wall. The other time I talked to him was last year in Tahoe. I noticed him in the lift line and purposely waited alittle bit extra to see if the liftie would put us together on the same lift. We got on the same lift and started talking a bit. He introduced himself a Shaun and was never at all boastfull or crude. I talked to him a bit about riding bikes and the tahoe area and he was just in general a really nice guy. So bottom line is unless you actually talk to the person dont go spreading crap that someone else heard. An Image portrays someone and gives alot of people the wrong impression. Cedric was the same way. Every time ive met him he was super nice and really polite. He said alot of stuff that was really funny but nothing that I would ever consider to rub me the wrong way.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
heikkihall said:
I dont like Palmer getting a bad rep like this either. I have allways been a fan of Palmer. I had heard a ton of stuff like that before and started believing it. Ive talked to the guy twice in my life and both times he was SUPER cool. I congratulated him on his ride at mt snow one year he seemed sorta upset he was knocked out in a round of slalom but I told him I loved watching him ride and he was stoked and gave me his jersey. Ive still got it hanging on my wall. The other time I talked to him was last year in Tahoe. I noticed him in the lift line and purposely waited alittle bit extra to see if the liftie would put us together on the same lift. We got on the same lift and started talking a bit. He introduced himself a Shaun and was never at all boastfull or crude. I talked to him a bit about riding bikes and the tahoe area and he was just in general a really nice guy. So bottom line is unless you actually talk to the person dont go spreading crap that someone else heard. An Image portrays someone and gives alot of people the wrong impression. Cedric was the same way. Every time ive met him he was super nice and really polite. He said alot of stuff that was really funny but nothing that I would ever consider to rub me the wrong way.
Im pretty sure heath has talked to cedric they do both ride for Cdale jest a thought

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Mike B. said:
Could that one other possibly be the 18 year old mountain cross 2004 break out super star, Ms. Leana Gerrard??? She rode for the cannondale team last year (not siemens) but won a pro mountain cross and podiumed several others. I hope she gets a full ride next season because not only does she rock on a bike, she's one of the nicest most down to earth girls I've ever met. Sorry to derail the thread. I'm just interested to see where she ends up next season.

DH Diva said:
Could that one other possibly be the 18 year old mountain cross 2004 break out super star, Ms. Leana Gerrard??? She rode for the cannondale team last year (not siemens) but won a pro mountain cross and podiumed several others. I hope she gets a full ride next season because not only does she rock on a bike, she's one of the nicest most down to earth girls I've ever met. Sorry to derail the thread. I'm just interested to see where she ends up next season.
she is still riding for us this year as well. don;t know what her "schedule" will be since she goes to fort lewis now. but i am sure she is gonna be doing norba again. and as i said before cedric is still riding for the siemens/cdale team

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
TheMontashu said:
Im pretty sure heath has talked to cedric they do both ride for Cdale jest a thought
I worked for cedric for about a year. Yes he paid me so that ruins that rumour about him being a cheap ass as well (but hey he is a realestate mogul in his own mind!). Anyways, he is the nicest guy you will ever talk to. If you want to see just how much he respects women, ask him to talk about his relationship with AC. She is like his little sister, he is a great allround guy who tends to put on an act for the media and fans.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Zman said:
she is still riding for us this year as well. don;t know what her "schedule" will be since she goes to fort lewis now. but i am sure she is gonna be doing norba again. and as i said before cedric is still riding for the siemens/cdale team
Good to hear! Nobody deserves it more.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
neversummersnow said:
Most of what you people know about pro racers is what you read in mags, see in vids. Cedric is crazy, don't get me wrong. He's just part rockstar, part bike rider, and part French. He loves women, not hates them! Lots of what Cedric does/says is just in playing up an image. He has fun in life and never takes things too seriously, which is good...he has never been arrogant or hard to approach (alla Palmer)
And do you know this about palmer from what you read in magazines and vids, or have you actually approached him?

I have some personal experience to speak of about this, and he was not such a "bad boy" as depicted in magazines and videos. He was actually quite approachable.

1997 seems so long ago...:D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dropmachine.com said:
Terrible example for the kiddies? Yeah, proabably. But it certainly would be funny, and it definately fits the image and personality that DH really is.

Fun, silly, ridiculous stuff.
not to mention it would sell a hell of a lot of bikes.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Not six figures for a primary sponsor for one of the most recognizable winning riders on the circuit? A pro like Cedric can't ask for more than $100K from his main sponsor? I know there are very few riders at his level but I would have guessed his main contract would be around $200K. Shows ya what I know...
I've heard from my C/Dale rep that he gets more from 661 than C/Dale. This is a tough business we are in, and literally, every penny counts...

Besides Lance, what other rider can the average American sports fan name? Tyler, for the wrong reasons. A French DH champion? Unlikely.

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
Well, on his site he states he's been to the 'dale factory to build his new bike..

As for liking zee ladies, he does, cant fault him. Though last time i saw him all the chicks were blowing him out. Poor ol Ced.

As for the comments of two ugly women tonite, two fitties tomorrow. Its not too uncommon knowledge he's succeeded in that, with the hottie section at least..

Cedrics likes to party, dont we all. Last party, I slapped him round the face and wedgied his ass to the floor with him yelling "no bungee no bungee" That was funny. That'll teach him not to try n take down the wys *L*

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Heath Sherratt said:
Remember, all women are someones sister or someones future wife or someones future mom. Respect has to be there even when it's not easy. That's being true. That's being a man. That's integrity and value of human life.
That is a deeply disturbing worldview you hold. In the non religous zealot world we actual believe in self determination and freedom of choice, for women even! In fact many people reject even the notion of a dichotomus gender system and let people be people, an amazingly dangerous revolutionary idea, I know. Go burn some books.

:thumb:
Harsh I know, but that kind of statement, and the logic it represents is repugnant. If Gracia wants to **** every girl in every town, and the ladies want to get down then by all means who are you to say anything? If he wants to drink alcohol an run naked through the streets, can't you just turn away?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I keep wondering why this is such a problem. How many kids really look up to C-dog in comparison to some of the other mainstream role models kids have . (sports and music). How many thugs in those realms get busted for guns, drugs, and sex? Hm.... oh yea, those guys all make multi millions of dollars so i guess its ok.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
So - are you trying to imply that Cedric will soon be murdering people?

You seem to have the typical fundamentalist viewpoint: Judging other people for the problems that YOU have.

-rob in NY

Heath Sherratt said:
There is a really good movie about all this called STOKED: the rise and fall of Mark "Gator" Rogowski- a pro skater who mirrored Cedric in the skateboarding world. Watch how he reacts to the public dropping his image and moving on to the next cool thing. It's hard. He had it all and then was left with nothing. Remember, you have responsibilty to him also, as a man and as a person who depends on you for a living. Watch the movie. I have lived it.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
SuspectDevice said:
That is a deeply disturbing worldview you hold. In the non religous zealot world we actual believe in self determination and freedom of choice, for women even! In fact many people reject even the notion of a dichotomus gender system and let people be people, an amazingly dangerous revolutionary idea, I know. Go burn some books.

:thumb:
Harsh I know, but that kind of statement, and the logic it represents is repugnant. If Gracia wants to **** every girl in every town, and the ladies want to get down then by all means who are you to say anything? If he wants to drink alcohol an run naked through the streets, can't you just turn away?
You find that disturbing? Are you serious?
So its ok if I head on over and bang your mom? Then relate the story to others?
.....as long as she's into it right?

You may want to discuss your (morally relative) worldview with your mom or sister. My guess is that they would find respect for women to be a pretty good thing.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Damn True said:

You may want to discuss your (morally relative) worldview with your mom or sister. My guess is that they would find respect for women to be a pretty good thing.
This is following the quote of suspect and the one above...

Jeez. I love the "christians" who can't take any criticism. Their SOOO christian and forgiving yet they always argue and always have to be RIGHT. Ahh the beauties of monotheism. BTW who are you to say its right or wrong to bang someones mom or sister or whatever? Are you jesus? Just because your damn book says something doesnt mean everyone else's says the same. I can argue all day and be a ignorant ass but I don't call myself a christian. Who the hell are you to decide whats right and wrong. State your veiws all you want but don't criticize someone else's views and then say your a christian? Wouldn't that be a little pridefull? BTW ive read your book and a lot of other books that criticize the bible. Let me guess you or Heath have never read any Bible critcism in your lives yet your good strong christians. Oh yeah I forgot Blind Faith works REALLY well. Ie. Calvinism, Crusades, 30 years war, Muslim Terrorism etc.. the list goes on forever.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
How is his a "morally relative worldview?"
You may think that sex between two consenting adults is wrong, but your opinion doesn't make it immoral for everyone else.
Most women I know (including my mother) don't think sex is Evil. Women can and do stand up for themselves when it comes to sex and relationship issues. They definitely don't need bible-thumpers condescending to do it for them.

-r

Damn True said:

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Damn True said:
Whatever.
Tell your mom that Heath and I will be over at 8.

That'll be ok right?
Frankly I could CARE LESS. Its her body, her choice. BTW my mom is a dirty crack whore already so it doesn't seem to hurt my feelers too much. BTW good response with whatever. :eviltongu Plus since you and Heath are good strong christians I don't have to worry about either of you lusting, or if your married commiting the evil sin of adultery. BTW im a firm believer in reincarnation so sometime in my past lives you, Heath and everyone else has been my brother, my sister, my mother, my father. I respect your views and I want to have a civilized convo with you. Nither of us is right or wrong but when one of us says we are right or wrong then that is when we are truly wrong. These are ALL just beliefs, beliefs mean JACK ****. Times change as do beliefs. Beliefs are relevant to time, place and culture. Saying any ONE religion is RIGHT it totally INSANE.

BTW how the heck did this turn into this sorry for hijacking my own thread. Now that is is pretty firm Cedric is back with siemens for 05 my question is answered and I will try my best to cease from posting again in this thread unless I am called upon to fight with my holy keyboard on a crusade for my RIGHT beliefs. (hint the e sarcasm please)

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Damn True said:
Then my sister came home and started talking about how she banged cedric. I was like "you know he does have feelings and you probably shouldn't objectify him like that". She didn't stop to think that Cedric is a human being and may not like being exploited like that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
buildyourown said:
Hell, I'd make me a convert.
hallelujah!!! I have seen the light!!!
you want to be doubled up on by true and heath? :think: :dead: :D

biker3

Turbo Monkey
oly said:
Thats funny. Is that how you guys convert people now?? 3 way sex acts? Wow.......
Wow thats hot, I love how easy it is to play off "christian" words. I hope I get converted soon. Yeah BTW my mom too advantage of cedric, she tied him up all funny and proceeded to slap his rear with a whip removing all DH skills from him forever. Sorry to say he wont be racing at all in 05 because my mom dominated him sexualy and mentally. I just wish women had respect for men they're so cruel.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Jm_ said:
And do you know this about palmer from what you read in magazines and vids, or have you actually approached him?

I have some personal experience to speak of about this, and he was not such a "bad boy" as depicted in magazines and videos. He was actually quite approachable.

1997 seems so long ago...:D
I agree Palmer was never hard to approach. He was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I took a HUGE slam off a rock at a national, and he was the first guy to come over and see if i was alright. Yeah he is intense, and arrogent when is his racing, but that's part of what made him great. The guy hates to loose, and refused to loose. Riding the lift up with him was always a blast, and off the course he was a great guy.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Damn True said:

Now THAT's hilarious....you don't have premarital sex. :nope: :rolleyes:

Men like sex. Women like sex. We are sexual beings. People saying they want sex or would like threesomes with fat girls or hot girls or blind girls or supermodels doesn't make them sexist. Your action of deciding that a woman should be offended by Cedric's remarks is sexist. Your narrow view of how women should think or feel is sexist.

Obese people often lose weight for health, but those people with just a few extra pounds diet for looks. Women get boob jobs to look better. Lipo, boob-job, the gym 4 days per week, passing on the ribs and going for the salad... While motivations may not be sexually driven, all these things are chosen by women so that their appearance will be more attractive. When you see one of these women on the street or in an office, do you think "wow, she must have a lot of commitment to her health and likely has the kind of self-esteem and personality that makes her a great person to know," or do you think "GREAT ASS!" Be honest. There's nothing wrong with thinking the latter. It's what we're programmed biologically to think. Ease off there Mr. no-sex. :rolleyes:

PS- My mom is faithfully married to my dad, but I do have a single sister who's pretty hot. If Cedric wanted to do her, or conversely if she wanted to bang Cedric, I'd just laugh and say "more power to ya." I have no problem sharing my view with any of my sisters or my mom.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
My wife used to work on the Toyota Pro/Celebrity race in Long Beach and she told me that Palmer was one of the best guys to work with. Very gracious, did all the media stuff, no whining.