Quantcast

Celebs on mtb?

Oct 9, 2003
Have you come across any any famous people on your local trail? I know that bass player from Audioslave rides an Uzzi (saw a clip on the internet of him doing a drop). I saw a Metallica docu years back where they had Trek Y-frames and apperently Robin Williams rides as well?

Just curious...:)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rainer Wolfcastle said:
Have you come across any any famous people on your local trail? I know that bass player from Audioslave rides an Uzzi (saw a clip on the internet of him doing a drop). I saw a Metallica docu years back where they had Trek Y-frames and apperently Robin Williams rides as well?

Just curious...:)
I've ridden with Tim from Audioslave/Rage Against the Machine, and when I worked for a bike shop I wreched of his bike quite a bit, but thats my only E! true hollywood story

J

JRB

bomberboy11 said:
I'm surprised George Dub-ya Bush wasn't the first person mentioned. I've also heard rumors of that really famous dude Lance riding on some dirt in his spare time.
If you ride the Greenbelt in Austin much, you will likely bump into him. Mid day rides during the week mostly.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
no way lance rides in the dirt. lol he dont got the balls literally. ohh and i hear that steve peat, sam hill, richie schley, and darren bearcloth ride too. although they could just be rumors.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Robin Williams is a Cycling fanatic he has a collection of over 50 exotic bikes (primarily Road) He even has the bike that was custom made for him in the movie Jack...

One of the bikes in robin Williams collection...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i met Robin at Ride for the Roses once. i think that was the day he bought a Rourc or Stork or something-ork fancy ti frame.

J

JRB

Lance raced at my local trail once. There is a pic. It was muddy and he nearly died. Lots of blood. I ride with Wumpus all the time. He is a star in my book. I used to skate with Jason Newstead on a somewhat frequent basis in high school.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
yeah the bass player for audioslave had an interveiw with bike magagazine a while back. think it was the last october issue. but he mentions how he owns over 30 bikes ranging from rigid bikes to full downhill bikes. He says that he'll huck off of the high stages and all that jazz. Othere than that i've heard that Ben Stiller is a rider.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ritchie Blackmore lets folks ride on his property in CT. He pulled his ATV into the woods to let us climb a hill. We watched him jumping ledges all the way down the hill. He looked like my Dads age. It was funny. His trails rocked too....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdcamb said:
Ritchie Blackmore lets folks ride on his property in CT. He pulled his ATV into the woods to let us climb a hill. We watched him jumping ledges all the way down the hill. He looked like my Dads age. It was funny. His trails rocked too....
does he live on Silver Mountain?

;)

Oct 9, 2003
Dirtjumper999 said:
yeah the bass player for audioslave had an interveiw with bike magagazine a while back. think it was the last october issue. but he mentions how he owns over 30 bikes ranging from rigid bikes to full downhill bikes. He says that he'll huck off of the high stages and all that jazz. Othere than that i've heard that Ben Stiller is a rider.
In the music video where Audioslave goes to Cuba, he drops off a big rock a few times on what seems to be his Uzzi.

Oh, yeah now Ritchie Blackmore rocks even more.:love: