Quantcast

Cell-phone safety

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Received an interesting email from my dad today about cell-phones and EMS workers. Apparently they (EMS) are urging people to put in an "In Case of Emergency" (ICE) entry into you phone so when they scrap you off of whatever they know where to send the pieces. (And the bill?)

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I received a forwarded e-mail about it. But my ICE contact is someone whose number is already in my phone, and it won't allow a duplicate entry.
So what I did was save the phone #: (111) 111-1111 and then named it Emrgncy Cntct Sha**** W****. That way if anybody looks in my phone under "Emergency" they'll see that Sha**** W**** is my emergency contact. Then they can look up Sha*****'s phone # in my phone. Wish it was easier than all that.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
I received a forwarded e-mail about it. But my ICE contact is someone whose number is already in my phone, and it won't allow a duplicate entry.
So what I did was save the phone #: (111) 111-1111 and then named it Emrgncy Cntct Sha**** W****. That way if anybody looks in my phone under "Emergency" they'll see that Sha**** W**** is my emergency contact. Then they can look up Sha*****'s phone # in my phone. Wish it was easier than all that.
Is her name Shannon? I counted the stars and its bothering me.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Why dont you just edit your current entry to read "Person's name-ICE"

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Her name may be Shanaynay!
LOL...I'm going to call her that the next time I see you two. :D

I saved my ICE entry into my phone last week after seeing a piece about it on some news program.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Will this lead to other abreviations for minor emergencies.

ICO: In case of sobriety: local bar
ICHO: In case of horniness: booty call
ICHU: In case hungry: pizza delivery
ICIT: In case of independent thougth (N8's cell): call the RNC