Quantcast

Cereal

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
It's more like what ones aren't my favorite kinds!:) It's the only food I can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:love:

In no order, below are some I can think off of the top of my head....

Grapenuts (hot or cold)
Cocopebbles
Peanutbutter Cap'n Crunch (but it shreads up the top of my mouth:mad: )
Honey Nut Cheerios, also works as a good snack
Total Rasin Bran
Corn Chex

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Snacks said:
It's more like what ones aren't my favorite kinds!:) It's the only food I can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner:love:

In no order, below are some I can think off of the top of my head....

Grapenuts (hot or cold)
Cocopebbles
Peanutbutter Cap'n Crunch (but it shreads up the top of my mouth:mad: )
Honey Nut Cheerios, also works as a good snack
Total Rasin Bran
Corn Chex
Last year, in health class, we had like a fifteen minute conversation about Cap'n Crunch and how its so delicious, but totally destroys the top of your mouth. Probably one of the highlights of that class.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Has anybody ever had these?

They were definately my favorite cereal of all time. Unfortunately I can't find them anywhere. I only like rice krispies because of the treats, and when I found out that they made them in cereal form I thought I was in heaven.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I don't eat it much because its worth its weight in fricking gold according to kellogs but honey nut cheerios is my all time fav.

I also like the kashi version of it call heart to heart or something. it has hearts in it along with the cheerios.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Kellog's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. No doubt.

A close second would be Alpen Original.

Not sure you Yanks get either of those.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I'm not a big cereal person as I think it's a big waste of perfectly good milk, but if I'm forced to pick, it's Fruit Loops or Frosted Flakes for me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love cereal but it's a fairly expensive food.

I mostly like cereals that aren't super sweet. Kix, Life, Cheerios (both regular and multi-grain), Grape Nuts, Wheaties... I do have a weakness for Cinnamon Toast Crunch, though. I could easily polish off half a box in a sitting.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Muesli with a banana and soy milk EVERY morning. Well, sometimes I switch to Special K with berries. I was never allowed to have sugar cereals as a kid so I don't like them now.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Whatever granola I have with yogurt and fruit, most days. Can't really get into the sweet stuff anymore but I used to eat Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch by the box.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I love Blueberry Morning and Banana Nut Crunch. Mmm, then again I love Cap'n Crunch, as well as Fruit Loops, Cheerios, and Lucky Charms. Anything with granola is typically good too.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
cap'n crunch w/ crunch berries rules.

i do like the muesli w/ dried apricots and almonds.

honeycombs are another guilty pleasure.

for 'good for you' cereal, my faves are total and raisin bran

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
laura said:
honey nut cheerios is my all time fav.
:stupid:

I don't think I'll ever get sick of them. I used to make a pancake every day then I discovered honey nut cheerios. I never really ate cereal as a kid....

Edit: I also find they're good to eat dry for when youre so damn hungover that the action of breathing brings on the chunks.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SilentJ said:
Edit: I also find they're good to eat dry for when youre so damn hungover that the action of breathing brings on the chunks.
since i can't stomach milk or soy milk and water just seems gross and wrong, I always eat mine dry. generally for dessert or road trips.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
binary visions said:
I love cereal but it's a fairly expensive food.
Grocery store by my house has a 13 hour cereal sale about every 3 months where more than half of the cereal they stock is on sale for $1.79 a box. They had one last week and we stocked up. 25 boxes!!! Every thing from the sugary sh!t for the kids to the natrual stuff for wifey. I eat it all!

But you are right....not on sale it's damn expensive!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
riverside73 said:
Grocery store by my house has a 13 hour cereal sale about every 3 months where more than half of the cereal they stock is on sale for $1.79 a box.
Woah. Holy crap.

Maybe we can work out a shipping arrangement? :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MudGrrl said:
Kashi GoLean crunch in vanilla soymilk and blueberries

yum
:thumb: :thumb:
I like all of the Kashi cereals (even the nuts'n bolts as my hubbie calls it--the GoLean). I also like Grape Nuts, Cheerios (plain, honeynut or apple cinnamon), and granola. I generally use plain soymilk too and love to add fresh blueberries (when I have them) or dried blueberries.