Quantcast

cereal

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
Ok last Sunday i was mixing my 2yr old son up a batch of cereal, when i could feel my pregnant wifes eyes on me. I dimissed it as all of you know pregnant eyes are always on you ( especially when you got 11 days to go ) Yet as soon as i sat down i heard " i wish you would not teach him those things" Refering to the special mix of cereal i gave him, Coccoa pebbles with a splash of fruity pebbles topped off with some frosted mini wheates.. don't get me wrong i don't just pour sugar down my kids throat at 8 in the morning. It was a special occasion, as i was home and not working on a Sunday.. Does any one else have feelings on this matter? I mix cereals all the time. ( why can't i have the best of things) And why does my wife feel this way, was she once tricked with a mix as a child ( like grapenuts and coffee grounds) Is it a deep childhood response? i know that if i am laying on the couch with a blanket she thinks that it seems scuzzy. This scuzzy feeling she gets at the mere sight of it is only brought on from one of her sisters when they were kids laying on the couch wrapped up in a blanket over the weekend.Does she not understand i am not pregnate just cold. I know we both are flawed but mine are deep and psychotic. Why do her flaws have to be so bizzare? LOL i love my wife and if there were to be a contest to see who keeps the kids and who gets locked up for a closer exam.. well lets just say she would still have cable while i had meds... HUMMM meds could be good after 3 kids... anyways enough ranting what i want to know is does anyone else mix cereal and does anyone else find it disgusting. If i knew how to start a poll i would of done so..

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
and my oldest son does too. My mom brought over some of that Kasha crap or whatever, which I like for the nutrition but hate the flavor. So I mix it 50/50 or 60/40 with something decent (Cheerios, Nature's Path, etc). My kid loves a little bit of my cereal mixed in w/his Cheerios. In fact both my kids like Cheerios and Rice Krispies mixed together.

I have a wonderful wife, but if I listened to all the negative crap she mumbled in the morning (much less when she was pregnant, shazbot!) we probably wouldn't have made it this far.

It took her a long time to get over waffles with peanut butter and syrup, and she still has trouble with me putting syrup on biscuits (come awn, honey, if they put a pictue of syrup-n-biscuits on the FREAKING SYRUP BOTTLE LABEL, it can't be all that freakishly disgusting).

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i imagine the reason she doesnt want you to teach him to mix cereal has nothing to do with the sugar content. i think that maybe she is looking into the future when, on normal days, she is fixing breakfast for 2 soon to be 3 children. the last thing she wants is everyone wanting a special blend of 5 cereals and 3 milks, with maybe some sprinkles on top. this is just a theory though.

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
Fathead said:
and my oldest son does too. My mom brought over some of that Kasha crap or whatever, which I like for the nutrition but hate the flavor. So I mix it 50/50 or 60/40 with something decent (Cheerios, Nature's Path, etc). My kid loves a little bit of my cereal mixed in w/his Cheerios. In fact both my kids like Cheerios and Rice Krispies mixed together.

I have a wonderful wife, but if I listened to all the negative crap she mumbled in the morning (much less when she was pregnant, shazbot!) we probably wouldn't have made it this far.

It took her a long time to get over waffles with peanut butter and syrup, and she still has trouble with me putting syrup on biscuits (come awn, honey, if they put a pictue of syrup-n-biscuits on the FREAKING SYRUP BOTTLE LABEL, it can't be all that freakishly disgusting).
Waffles and peanut butter with syrup is a given in y book

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
laura said:
i imagine the reason she doesnt want you to teach him to mix cereal has nothing to do with the sugar content. i think that maybe she is looking into the future when, on normal days, she is fixing breakfast for 2 soon to be 3 children. the last thing she wants is everyone wanting a special blend of 5 cereals and 3 milks, with maybe some sprinkles on top. this is just a theory though.
LOL i never thought of that, though i am not sure she has either let me ask her. LOL nope she said no. it just feels gross in your mouth. So i guess she is just a mental after all lol

CrazyGambit

Chimp
Jul 30, 2004
Heart of Dixie..
T-Pirate said:
I put chocolate syrup on cocoa puffs and cocoa krispies its soooooooo good.
Oh My God... that must be one heck of a rush, i have not gone that far but i do have chocolate syrup. My wife loves chocolate syrup i will ask her to try this when she gets home.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
CrazyGambit said:
Oh My God... that must be one heck of a rush, i have not gone that far but i do have chocolate syrup. My wife loves chocolate syrup i will ask her to try this when she gets home.
Yah, choco syrup is yummy on some cereal. I prefer it on chocolate ice cream, though, with some chocolate sprinkles, or chips, or chunks. The only way to make it better is to put the whole pile on top of a hot fudge brownie.

W/foods like that, who needs drugs?