Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
So I had a Certified letter sent to my house yesturday my wife was home and they wouldn't let her sign for it because it was addressed to me. Now it is sitting at the post office, my problem is it's from some city in MD and I don't know anyone from MD. Should I go pick it up or do you think it is like some kind of collections crap? (no current littigations that I know of)

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Pick it up but don't forget to post back what was in the letter.

I had a certified letter sent to me and it was about a property that is by us that is vacant. the city wanted to turn it from farm zoning to home zoning. Since I am withing 500 yards of it I get the letter.

I thought it was from a lawyer on behalf of the farmer suing me for putting my grass clippings along the property line.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, unless you have something specific to worry about there's no reason not to pick it up. I received a certified letter several years ago about someone wanting to buy a domain name I had registered to me. Could be any of a number of things.

Whatever it is, though, make sure to post back and let us know ;)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
firetoole said:
So I had a Certified letter sent to my house yesturday my wife was home and they wouldn't let her sign for it because it was addressed to me. Now it is sitting at the post office, my problem is it's from some city in MD and I don't know anyone from MD. Should I go pick it up or do you think it is like some kind of collections crap? (no current littigations that I know of)

Pick it up. If it's good, you won't have to wait. If it's bad thay'll hunt you down anyway.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
UPDATE

Turns out it was some form from the company I used to work for. (filed chapter 11) Saying I needed to sign it (claiming it was standard "boiler plate") well upon further inspection it is a cantract. Stating if I disclose any information about their current status or account information, then I am liable for bla bla bla.
what a buch of morrons maybee they should have had me sign it before they told me I no longer had a job.

I think I will wipe my a** with it then send it back