Quantcast

chain brand?

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I saw someone that had a BMX chain that had all one type of link. The link was narrow and then widdened and interconected narrow part to wide part. Anyone know what type of chain this is? It looked bad ass and just wanted to know

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Those are sweet, I have had two of them but they are a pain in the but to work on... so much so I gave up on them and went back to a normal chain..

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
lee, get the park 1/8" chain tool. I've had my shadow link on three different frames...I think they are easier to work on than most chains because the pins pop into place.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I quite like the KMC fat chain. Not too heavy but nice and strong AND shiny still. Not that I hardly ever actually hit my chain on anything anymore. :think:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Back in the day (when I was about 16) I used to run an old moped chain. Now THAT was burly. It looked cool, but it weighed prolly 2 lbs+. That was when heavy was cool.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
i use the shadow, on my fit..its awesome..i broke a chain breaker doing so though..the park tool one is strong enough...definately neevr going to break that chain..its super indestrucable..if you don't want to worry about messing your chain up go shadow.