Quantcast

chain mang

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
alright so i finally, after 3 and a half weeks of waiting got my 10t rear cog from sun ringle went to install is and found out my 710sl (the wide one some a hole sold me on accident and installed) wont work with the cog. now here is my dilemma. i have been running e13 micro drive set ups w/ half bashes for years, since they were prototypes. I am switching to the new 25t deity sprocket in a few days and need to get a new chain. i am going to experiment with trying to add a peice of e13 taco/supercharger/or micro bash to the deity ring but if not all my grinding will be done on my twisted pc's. so what i am looking for/need is a light chain (nothing heavy), that will have ample clearance for the rear 10t cog, and be able to take the occasional hit/accidental grind. i was thinking possibly the khe half link w/ all the drilled out pins and plates. give me your thoughts please

quickfeet18

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
I have the kmc half link hollow pin chain and so far it has been awesome. It went on trouble free and will work down to a nine tooth cog. I think it is one of the best chains I have used and would easily recommend it.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
is your Ringle 10t cog for a 3/32" chain??
I've used/still am using a 710SL on a 9t driver no probs. It's size is perfect for taking an occasional hit, but it's still nice and light... Get the reg. 710, or 410 if you want to grind on your chain.

I've also got a slightly smaller (but still considered 1/8") cheapie taiwan chain that says "YBN narrow" on it, if that means anything to you, haha. Works ok so far, but I wouldn't grind on it at all.
...use both with wipperman half-link.

Not too sure what you're dilemna is with the bash... try and mount it up and see if it works. I haven't seen the new deity sprockets, so it'll be hard to tell if their drilling pattern will be (if it even has'em) the same as e.13... if not, there are the various metal bmx grind tacos out there, like the tree, I think that's a 110bcd (possibly 94bcd?) pattern or something.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Piss on expensive chains.... you wont want to replace them as often.
K710 Kool Chain
For the "Kool" guys KMC makes this chain with an impressive tensile strength of 1,300 Kg.
It fits most sprockets/freewheels/cogs and is smooth on the outside so it doesn't get stuck on
a handrail or coping. It is also available in the K710SL (Super Light) version, which is nearly 20%
lighter than the K710!
Why not just get a guardsprocket?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i had to take my 710sl off, but it might have been due to the fact that it was the wide spacing.

i ride for deity so im running their set up, plus its way lighter than those pictured above and looks much cleaner

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey Dexter,

Check this site out for KMC info http://www.bikeguide.org/guides/drive/kmc.php

I used to rip the 410h's apart all the time, I went to the 510, never broke it. I do all my grinds on sprocket and pedals, I do disasters, and I torque hard, never an issue. If you want light and strong, go with that, gold box, says "Premium" on it.

Right now I'm using a Shadow for the half link situation. I've never had a problem with it, but I did have a buddy snap one out of the box (perhaps a bad install, I don't know). The KHE seems a little delicate, but I have no experience.

If you don't mind full chains, or you could always drop in a half link if you need it (thats what I did), go with the 510, other wise I would say the Shadow is pretty good as well.