Quantcast

Chain Smoke 2

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
you should always be pinned. its not a matter of beating a time. it's not like you're there to win a race. you're there to ride as fast as you can. at least that's how i feel. i never just go ride to cruise. i'm always there to try and kill it.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Ya but you blow past some cool lines off to the side if you're just trying to get down as fast as possible. 99% of the time going fast is why I'm out there but once in a while I want to see what else I can do with a trail.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Not always. The staircase on Tunnel for example - you could just bomb down from right to left taking the 3 small waterbar drops in a row, or you could stay right and do a fun 4 foot rock drop to a tranny. It's a little slower getting from the beginning of the section to the end, but I think it's more fun and a little trickier because that part is off camber for the runup to the drop.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Watch Plush 2. SB local Duncan Riffle has a section completely dedicated to Tunnel. You'll see him ride lines that you've never seen before. It's pretty sick:thumb:

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Yes that Plush 2 section gets my adrenaline going every time I watch it. Didn't he get robbed out of some award for that by the Shandro/Watson segment in the Collective? I still have yet to see someone make Tunnel look that easy in person.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Real Sick, Real Simple and Keep it Real all have a fair amount of SB footage in them because the director, Matt Collins, lives in SB. You may have a hard time finding them on anything but VHS because there all about 10yrs old. Check you Matt's website: http://www.solidphoto.com/ I've had a chance to meet him on a few occasions, super cool guy. Really good director too.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Thanks CHOP for sending me a copy of Chain Smoke 1.

How long is Chain Smoke 1. I watched it last night and it was only 18minutes. Did CHOP miss some when he copied it for me?

sjt 710

Chimp
Mar 1, 2011
ya thats fo show not rennie,rennie woodnt ride that **** to save his life! its funny, when you see lancaster for the first time you think who the hell is this guy? he dresses like a cowboy, as cowboy as it gets but he kill it on a bike, when he passes you you're thinking holly ****! i must really suck ass if the cowboys beatin me and then you ask him how he got so good and you learn he raced world cup and stuff, his bikes are all beat to crap, its hallarious