Quantcast

Chainguide/bashring question

B

bigjumper820

I'm currently running a box guide on my HT, and I was wondering if anyone has one that they added an evil/e-thirteen bashguard to...How much did it have to be altered? Any other suggestions for a bashring?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Hey man

Sorry I missed this post earlier. I am pretty positive that is not possible to run a full thickness e.thirteen bashguard on a boxguide, although I havent actually tried it myself. I know otheres have tried. The upper guide and lower roller design would require you to space the bashguard out really far. I think Truvativ makes an aluminum plate, which might be better than nothing at all.

If you have any more questions about the e.thirteen guard or SRS guides, feel free to e-mail us at support@e13components.com and we will hook it up!

good luck!

Dave

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
it is possible to do it( ive tried) but it takes some filing. you need to file down the gaurd about to half its origanal thiknes to clear the roller/box. or you could get it machined down instead of filing

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by mcA896
it is possible to do it( ive tried) but it takes some filing. you need to file down the gaurd about to half its origanal thiknes to clear the roller/box. or you could get it machined down instead of filing
Yeah, definitely not so effective of a bashguard at half its original thickness.

dw

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by dw
Yeah, definitely not so effective of a bashguard at half its original thickness.

dw
You mean you didn't design in the ability to grind it down to half its size and not be effective?? Dammit Dave...next you're going to tell me that it won't work properly if you only use one chain ring bolt......

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Hijack!

.....some people! DW, I believed you and ordered my old lady the DRS for her Gemini, but I had to get a separate backplate (you know this) for her. Now I needed her other plate for my bullit anyway since I landed on some kid's bikes a couple months ago,(bending the crap out of my boomerang) so it's cool, but in the future I hope you guys will sell the DRS in a kit that works for the Gemini without buying the extra backplate. Others might not need the extra backplate themselves. I still haven't installed the kit, but my new stealth roller IS quiet, I'll give you that. Let you know how it goes when I get it installed.

Dwight- make your own bash, you got shop class still right?

I like your ghetto fabrications, I think I'm gonna miss seeing you on the Trek! You better petition RM for a name change now, BTW.....

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Captain Crunch
Hijack!

.....some people! DW, I believed you and ordered my old lady the DRS for her Gemini, but I had to get a separate backplate (you know this) for her. Now I needed her other plate for my bullit anyway since I landed on some kid's bikes a couple months ago,(bending the crap out of my boomerang) so it's cool, but in the future I hope you guys will sell the DRS in a kit that works for the Gemini without buying the extra backplate. Others might not need the extra backplate themselves. I still haven't installed the kit, but my new stealth roller IS quiet, I'll give you that. Let you know how it goes when I get it installed.

I like your ghetto fabrications, I think I'm gonna miss seeing you on the Trek! You better petition RM for a name change now, BTW.....
Actually, we used to sell the E-type DRS as a kit (the one that fits up to the gemini) but there are so many variations of DRS guides that it added a lot of SKUs to our inventory list and at that time, we were trying to reduuce the # of SKUs that we had to carry. Maybe it deserves looking over again. Ill take it up with the men.

Thanks man

Dave

B

bigjumper820

Originally posted by Captain Crunch
Hijack!

HAHA!! Ya, that bike was totally custom! I just really like the look of the evil bashguard, they're dope!! Jesse's guide is all messed up, so maybe he'll get something new and I'll nab his guard...

Speaking of name change...have any ideas?