17-10-2010 10:36 Vancouver On route to delivery depot
14-10-2010 01:33 Vancouver Arrived in destination country
12-10-2010 10:50 International Hub Despatched from hub
12-10-2010 01:16 International Hub Left origin country
11-10-2010 20:32 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
10-10-2010 17:27 National Hub Sorted in hub
08-10-2010 21:22 Belfast Central Depot On route to hub
08-10-2010 00:00 WDM Online

No way I'm getting my wheels, Thomson post and nifty new riding gloves this weekend...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Ooo ohh ooo! FURTHER UPDATE!

2010/10/22 11:21 VANCOUVER Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
08:07 VANCOUVER Item out for delivery

All is not so bleak!

I KNEW I should have taken the day off...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah, thats the problem when getting stuff through CRC. they use the post office and if you miss a delivery attempt, you have to go to the post office and pick it up...at least with the USPS

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah, thats the problem when getting stuff through CRC. they use the post office and if you miss a delivery attempt, you have to go to the post office and pick it up...at least with the USPS
Personally, I'd prefer to know that I'm sure to get my stuff, rather than risk leaving it on a doorstep. That is considering the fact that when I do order from CRC, its a good sized order .

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bike parts is the one thing I don't mind going to the post office for. For anything else I normally try to hit myself in the face just to do something that will make me feel better than stepping into that hell hole of sadistic Newman wannabees.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Hooray!

Ooooooo!

Cassette? Seat post?

Booooo. Not note or anything.
I'll have them dropped off tomorrow after we are done with them.... There was a cassette listed on the packing slip, but I can't seem to find it. Sorry about that. Order more stuff and I will slip it in that order if I find it.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Booooo. Not note or anything.
They forgot a crankset from my last order. The cranks were on the invoice/customs/etc but not shipped/not possible at the printed ship weight on the various forms.

I had to send them the slip with the package weight to show them they didn't ship it. The crankset itself was heavier than the weight of the rest of the items :rolleyes:

Throw everything that came in the box including the packaging back in and weight and see if matches the listed weight.

Either they are really dumb or they are just trying to scam people. I bet nothing was stolen in transit.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
They forgot a crankset from my last order. The cranks were on the invoice/customs/etc but not shipped/not possible at the printed ship weight on the various forms.

I had to send them the slip with the package weight to show them they didn't ship it. The crankset itself was heavier than the weight of the rest of the items :rolleyes:
We left a little brick weed in your box, We were hoping you found it and possibly lightened up for a half hour or so... Guess not...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah CRC is not superb...my brand new parts came without their packing materials, wrapped loosely in paper. I was fortunate that no damage occurred, but my BB spindle was nearly poking out of the single-layer box.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
yeah CRC is not superb...my brand new parts came without their packing materials, wrapped loosely in paper. I was fortunate that no damage occurred, but my BB spindle was nearly poking out of the single-layer box.
They did that too for the crankset from my last order when it finally arrived. Trying to save money (dimensional weight for shipping) at the customer's expense.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Throw everything that came in the box including the packaging back in and weight and see if matches the listed weight.

Either they are really dumb or they are just trying to scam people. I bet nothing was stolen in transit.
that happened to me once with an order from Dan's Comp.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City

They are the largest bike mail order company in the world. The are not trying to scam people, just not checking orders carefully enough before shipping.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
They are the largest bike mail order company in the world. The are not trying to scam people, just not checking orders carefully enough before shipping.
If they are the largest they should have a order fulfillment system at least as good as Performance or Jenson. I have ordered thousands of items from hundreds of resellers in every category both at home and work and this has never happened in the decades I've ordered items. It took multiple emails and I had to give them proof of their own mistake - they were too lazy to look it up in their system and fix their mistake. They should have an inventory system that works by now given their size. Unpacking merchandise to save themselves money at the customer's merchandise expense is completely unacceptable/unprofessional - you'd only expect that from a shady/novice seller on eBay.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear your order did not reach you in full.

If possible would you be able to email us a copy (scanned/photographed) of the paper invoice you received as well as a photograph of the box your parcel arrived in?

These will help our investigations into how this was able to happen to your order and allow us to get the missing crankset sent out as soon as possible.

Once again we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards,

Useless CRC Agent

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Definitely seems CRC have slipped some of late...

bummer about the missing parts ... but what's the deal with the wheels? did you send them your own hubs or order them that way?
Some a-hole convinced him that a yellow hub, to with the red, blue and grey ano bits on the rest of the build was a good idea... :D

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
They did that too for the crankset from my last order when it finally arrived. Trying to save money (dimensional weight for shipping) at the customer's expense.
CRC buys a lot of grey-market/OEM products.
That's why there's often no retail packaging of the products.
OEM packaging is a plastic bag.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
CRC buys a lot of grey-market/OEM products.
That's why there's often no retail packaging of the products.
OEM packaging is a plastic bag.
It wasn't OEM, they were just trying to save the money since the crankset box is large and they were shipping international a second time for free to cover their mistake. I ordered the same product months prior from CRC and it contained all the same packaging material/manuals/etc except it was in the official crankset box rather than jammed in the smallest possible box that would fit it.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Some a-hole convinced him that a yellow hub, to with the red, blue and grey ano bits on the rest of the build was a good idea... :D
I'm going for the Ronald McDonald look to make up for the death of the Hamburgler...

The last bike was a little to "red" anyway.

Breakin' out!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Alrighty. Chainreaction finally came through. They took some prodding, but after a phone call and a few emails, the balance of my order got put onto DHL Worldwide Express. It shipped pretty quickly and I finally got my chit yesterday after work.

So, in the end, I've finally got my stuff. Would I recommend them to anyone else? Sure, so long as you don't care AT ALL about when you get your stuff. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on the quality of my wheel build. I'll update if anything goes awry...

Anyhoo. Here's the finished product. I'm no photographer....

I recycled a few parts off the old Blindside. Not many, but a few. The big "keeper" was the fork. A Boxxer Team from the end of 2008. Awesome fork as far as I'm concerned.

I also kept the pedals off my old bike, but the cranks had to go due to a need for a wider bottom bracket shell. I got me some sweet Atlas FRs. But what I really like a lot is the new chainguide. Not a moving part on it. That was admittedly more of a want than a need, but I'm happy with it. Much better for a guy like myself who doesn't spend more than a couple minutes on post-ride maintenance.... Completely squeak-free. I also kept my old pedals. Azonic 420s or something. They've held up pretty well, but when I decided to change out some pins, fughettaboutit. They're in there for good. All bent and slammed in nice and tight.

Oh right, the frame needed a new shock too. TR450s come with the new RC4, so that's what I've got on there.

Next up on the parts that needed replacing are the seat post (the one Chainreaction forgot) and seat clamp. The frame came with a non QR clamp, but I often have a pedal out of rides on the Shore, so I QR I must have! And my old seat was pretty shredded, so a buddy picked one up for me at the Whistler end of season sale...

Pretty standard stuff out back:

Getting the housing through the chainstay was a bit of a beeyatch, but I got it eventually... The guys at Transition recommended weatherproof electrical tape for protection. I picked some up and applied it over the protective plastic film I'd already stuck on there. Just to try and quiet down some chain slap.

Going to take it for a ride tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.