Quantcast

Chainreaction - shipping

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bash guard with no moving parts. That is like going back in time to the original Mr. Dirt guard. It will be interesting to see if the chain will eat into the guide on this one. The speed hole is also an interesting throw back. Anyway sweet bike. I like my old boxxer too but would like to try the new Avalanche cartridge you can get for it.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Looks good!

Did you ride this weekend?
Final weight?
Is that scotch??
Thanks. I do like the way it turned out. I kinda wanted that red and white one they make, but white's what was available at the time. Kinda nifty lookin'!

I took it out for a lap on Cypress yesterday. My riding buddies either were too hungover to ride, or had wives with young babies to get back home to... Was a good lap though! The trails were pretty greasy so I managed to fall off a couple times. The most noticeable difference between the TR450 and the Blindside is how well the TR450 just plows over stuff. I've got no idea how it jumps yet. Everything feels different about it. I've also gone to slightly narrower bars. I had some Gravity Lite 777s on my BS which were ludicrously wide for me before. The littler bars definitely feel different. Add that to a longer, lower, slacker overall bike and I'm really just getting the hang of how to ride the thing so far.

I went OTB after slipping off a huge off camber root and stuffed the front end at the bottom. Rear disc came down on a stump and bent it pretty good. That, however, gave me an excuse to swing by a shop and see if they could salvage it for me. They did. 10 bucks well spent to save the aggravation of putting my less than stellar disc truing skill/patience to the test. It also gave me an excuse to use their scale. I didn't want to look like a weight weenie in public, so I didn't take a picutre. But it came in at 40.89 lbs. Soaking wet! I was pretty surprised since my buddy's got one too with slightly better everything and his is just slightly over 40lbs. Ti springs be damned...

That is not scotch. It's a dead bottle of Bulleit bourbon.

Here's a couple more shots:

I'll get some actions shots one day when Transcend actually takes a picture for a change...