Quantcast

Chainstay Protector

01yz125

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Not sure what you paid but it looks like it's just Mastic Tape.

You can get a roll at home depot for about $9. I have some at home, and never thought to use it for this, but I think I'll give it a shot. I've found that you still need to use zipties or electrical tape at the ends fo the wrap when using the stuff for electrical work.

http://www.shop3m.com/80610732911.html?WT.mc_ev=clickthrough&WT.mc_id=shop3m-AtoZ-3M-Scotch-Seal-Mastic-Tape
im sorry but you are wrong.

Im a factory frame wrap rider and frame wrap is NOT available in stores. we tested those wraps out earlier on to see if it worked but its totally different. Frame wrap has higher bonding qualities and is quieter than the stuff you can buy in stores.

buy it from www.framewrap.com

you wont be disappointed!

01yz125

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
^^ My wallet is always disappointed when I spend money on something that I can readily fabricate that is just as functional for little or no cost.

im not telling you or asking you to buy it..im just saying your bike will be quieter and will perform better with frame wrap. also protect your multi thousand dollar investment better.

ellbiddy

Chimp
Apr 29, 2009
On my smaller travel bikes I use a tube, if my rear triangle is split (as in my Fuel EX) I slide the tube on the chainstay. Otherwise I cut the tube down it's length and wrap it like tape and then go over it once with black vinyl tape. Works like a dream. So well that I threw out my velcro wrap protectors and did it on my carbon bike. It doesn't suppress the chain noise as it's not foamy enough, but it does an awesome job at absorbing the shocks and preventing frame damage. :thumb: