Quantcast

Chalk Creek 4X and XC Spring Series is COMING!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Woah, so I thought everyone knew about this, but I was talking with a rather well-informed member of our cycling community last night, and he was very unaware of this happening! So, I post here, for you, the reader. Also of note, I'm heading down to Nathrop today (Sat Mar 19th) to help put finishing touches on the NEW 4X track as well as the NEW XC singletrack! Woohoo!

THE YETI XC AND 4X SERIES at CHALK CREEK

DATES:
RACE # 1 MARCH 26th - 4X
MARCH 27th - XC

RACE # 2 APRIL 9th - 4X
APRIL 10th - XC

RACE # 3 APRIL 30th - 4X
MAY 1st - XC

REGISTRATION AND RACE INFO:

SATURDAY:
7:00 am-9:00am 4X REGISTRATION
7:30 am-10:00am 4X PRACTICE
10:00 am 4X QUALIFYING
12:00 pm 4X RACING STARTS

SUNDAY:
8:00am-9:30am XC REGISTRATION
10:00am XC BEGINNER/SPORT WAVE 2 laps - 12 MILES
12:00pm (NOON) XC EXPERT/ SEMI/ PRO WAVE 3 laps - 18 MILES

ENTRY FEE:
$60.00 FOR THE SERIES
$25.00 FOR INDIVIDUAL RACES

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There will be weather updates at www.rpmcycling.org later in the week (Thur and Fri) to keep ya'll in the KNOW! I just talked to the illustrious Darner, and he has informed me that the weather report for today is 40* already at 8 a.m. - no clouds, totally bluebird day. Temps should hit the 50's by mid afternoon! All systems are GO!

I'll have more updates later today.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
damn, i wanna make it down there. but i can't drive yet, my parents for sure won't drive 10 hrs there and back, and i don't have a ride. besides, my shoulder's not healed yet. one more week till i can ride though... maybe i'll make the MSC race.

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
Full Trucker said:
There will be weather updates at www.rpmcycling.org later in the week (Thur and Fri) to keep ya'll in the KNOW! I just talked to the illustrious Darner, and he has informed me that the weather report for today is 40* already at 8 a.m. - no clouds, totally bluebird day. Temps should hit the 50's by mid afternoon! All systems are GO!

I'll have more updates later today.
Evan,

Any new updates, weather, etc.

Brent

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
damn, i wanna make it down there. but i can't drive yet, my parents for sure won't drive 10 hrs there and back
Definitely is not 10 hours there and back. More like 4 or maybe 5 if you are coming from Boulder. Sorry about the shoulder though. Next one's in two weeks, give her a go!!!!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
WEATHER REPORT: Nathrop got a light dusting of snow Wednesday and temps were in the 40's all day Thursday. Darner was going to saturate the new track with mag chloride Thursday to prep for Saturday's race, and has said that things are STILL ON for this weekend! MX on Saturday and XC on Sunday!

Also, this just in about the XC race!
Darner said:
So as not to tempt anyone from church on Easter Sunday. We are going to place numerous plastic eggs along the trail and some will have candy and some will have money, of course it will be monopoly money. Bring it to registration with your number plate and recieve the equal amount in real american dollars! Their will also be a free entry to the Chalk Creek Stampede hidden in an egg or two
Couple that with the fact that every MX entry gets a raffle ticket that could win you one of THREE Yeti Dirtjumper frames (to be given away at the end of the series) and I'd say you've got some good fushnickens going on in Nathrop this weekend!