Quantcast

challenge accepted

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

1) Prove your claim on immigrant neighborhoods in the North East learning English or being here legally. I'd bet money that you've never ventured into one (beyond a brief foray into Chinatown?), and certainly haven't actually *lived* there.... *
2) Prove your claim that Americans are "being forced to learn their" language. A dual-language sign isn't forcing you to learn Spanish...
3) Point out where I've said that anything other than COMPREHENSIVE reform is necessary. Yes, that involves a path to legal status for people living here and a greater distribution of work visas, but that *also* involves securing our border. Right now our porous border is a problem because of the illegal immigrants coming looking for work are intermingling with the terrorists/drug runners/human traffickers. Eliminate the former and you will have more time to look for the latter. Unfortunately people like yourself want to treat all illegal immigrants as equally criminal, and it's harder to prosecute the violent criminals when NONE of the illegal immigrants can get any type of legal status.

*My wife lived in Jackson Heights, Queens for 5 years, and at one point she was meeting her (legal) Colombian friend for dinner at a local Colombian restaurant. While she was waiting outside a waiter came out to meet her and asked her "Do you speak Spanish?" She said "no", and the waiter gave her a message from her friend that she was going to be late... Her friend had told the restaurant "give this message to the woman outside who can't speak Spanish".

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
on the subject of "the bad, bad, stuff that we intercept on a daily basis". it does not mean the population of immigrants you happen to meet, are a representative sample of immigrants or immigration in general.
What?!? You mean that all of those Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Irish didn't cross through one of our two land borders!? Oh man...I've got to pass this info up the chain, someone's gotta know about this! :rolleyes:

This is the type of bad stuff I'm referring too...

because it's usually accompanied by a few of these guys:

Yes, it should be easier to obtain a B1/B2 Visa but until then, our borders need to be secure and they are far from it. The recent security measures have helped and they have forced smugglers to use more difficult routes through the mountains but we are often outnumbered by mexican cartel scouts hiding in the mountains calling out our every move to the smugglers. Until we are allowed to engage these scouts as the insurgents that they are we will never have total operational control of the border. Again, it's not about race or class, it's nothing more than the necessity to know who is coming into our country. There is a reason that we have "inadmissibility" rules for immigrants seeking admission ie: Criminal history, medical problems, charge to the state (severely handicapped incapable of earning a living). So when immigrants disregard our laws and skip the process, they have committed a crime and put citizens at risk.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
then you issue, is against drug cartels, and that has to do very little with immigration. (unless you equate immigrants with drug cartels).

drug smugglers arent bona fide immigrants, and whatever immigration reform, short of closing borders and shooting every foreign-looking guy near one, wont affect their status.