Quantcast

Challenging / Hcore Mountain biking in Louisiana or close? HELP!!

River_Rat

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Just moved to Louisiana and am in dire need of some mountain biking. I really want hard/challenging cross country trails, fast, narrow, technical, drops etc

But whatever really, im just wanting some good trails, not some bike path **** i have been delt with... I dont mind driving long distances either - like 7hrs or so (live in very bottom central Louisiana , Houma is the town.).

Please fill me in!!!

cheers

if you want to hook up - email me at "avalanche_k2@hotmail.com"

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'm not sure how far away you are from Memphis but try to get in touch with TN_Fred. Also there is a bunch of stuff in Arkansas. Check out the Texas and Central US forum.
It would be a drive for you but Oak Mtn. in Alabama has a great XC trail. They used to run a DH race there on a section called Blood Rock.
Good luck

Your choices are Hooper road in Baton rouge,
Some trails in Gulfport Miss
and Homochitto Clear springs near Bude miss.

Hooper and Clear springs are pretty good xc.

PM me if ya need more info.
I stapled maps to these places on the info board ay my bro's shop (Joes Bikes) in New Orleans.
I know of some secret DJ spots but ya gotta sweet talk me for that info.

Edit also check out a really tech trail in St.Francisville . ABout 40 minutes from Baton Rouge.
Hooper road trail is actually 2 big loops joined together and is your best bet driving from Houma.
If you wanna drive then its Homochitto Clear springs (Miss),about 3.5 hrs., Linkin Park in Ruston (la) about 5 hrs. and a real good place in Birmingham alabama but i can't remember the name.
Go to faTtiretraveler.com and also check out the trail directory on mtbr.com for starters.
The trails i listed are good and are worth driving to.
Homochitto has many miles of quality trail and Ruston is really swet too.

think1up

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Definately hit Clear Springs (between Meadville and Roxie MS on hwy 84). It's where I grew riding, close to 17 miles of some of the best singletrack in the southeast.