Quantcast

Champery World Cup - Live Thread

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fvck kovarik. He is a sick rider and all but after his win at MSA a couple years ago, where else has he done well on the WC circut.
Champery 2010 for example. ;)
But I know, 9th is not "doing well" in your book. ;)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Champery 2010 for example. ;)
But I know, 9th is not "doing well" in your book. ;)
a couple top tens is pretty different then being on the podium, or on top of the podium. Kovarik had a great race, and he's one of the best riders out there, but he's no gee atherton or greg minnaar or sam hill.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Keep in mind Kovarik smashed his leg in practice couldn't even bare weight on that leg/foot before his run...........That man is a f^cking beast!!!!!!!!!!

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
Couple of shots from race day on my flickr (really very very few keepers out of all the shots i took; the conditions were sh*te to shoot in, and wasn't equipped as well as the big dogs a la Sven Martin, Victor Lucas and co.): 'Gwin' on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4827273857_024a080097_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4827273857@@AMEPARAM@@024a080097

What a race, can't wait for Champery World Champs in 2011, going to be a hell of a show! In the meantime, this world cup season can only get more and more exciting, with the points being how they are...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
For the Kovarik haters spraying hate...
Kovarik smashed his knee open the morning of the race, needed stitches, did not have time to get them and they had to just throw some tape on it.

He is a warrior.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Kovarik smashed his knee open the morning of the race, needed stitches, did not have time to get them and they had to just throw some tape on it.

He is a warrior.
Kovarik is a warrior... absolute pinner. I remember seeing him first way back in '99 on a GT Lobo at Deer Valley...one of the first Aussies over here.

btw I dedicated my 666 post to him hahaha

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz

He is a warrior.
^What he said^ Most people have suspension to protect themselves from Rocks.... Kovarik has it to protect the rocks from himself:thumb:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I just wish Rennie would come back at full strength, Kovarik and Rennie smashing courses open is a delight to watch.

Tomasis

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Scotland
"Anybody know if this is the first time a dedicated clipless rider has won a World Cup, but on flats?"
i believe when somebody wins WC on flats, sales of flats will rise, 90% dh riders copy that :rofl:

I have hard times to imagine when if one crashes, he automatically wrists his foot,

have seen many videos there bike hangs along with rider especially if you crash in front and it causes rear wheel go up :shocked:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Any word on Nico Vink? Did they just chopper him out and drop him in a volcano?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Reid's 360 spill would have only been sicker if he had stuck the landing...soooo close!

Greg and Gee have raised the bar this year for sure - that one might go down to the last weekend. I'm sure Minaar is stoked about that. Partly sarcastic, since the last couple/few years have worked that way for him - partly serious, seeing how a lot of these tracks don't "suit his style" as it were.

Already looking forward to this coming weekend - I have a feeling we're in for some surprises.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Any word on Nico Vink? Did they just chopper him out and drop him in a volcano?
He said he tried to pin the huge rut before the middle triple and just before hitting the triple he flew off the track to the right and hit a tree head first. He has a compressed spine and a headache but is fine and nothing is broken.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Ben, was it You, standing at the bottom of the track, right next to the tape and wodden landing?

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I knew it was You :)
Oh, a week ago we came back from a 2 weeks trip to Alpe d'Huez and L2A.
It was very nice. We watched Mega and Mountain of Hell. We rode on glaciers. We snowboarded in L2A. We had a great time w/o serious injuries :) but...
I must say, Port du Soleil rules :)
Ridind at 3000m above the sea is a great experience. Views are marvelous. But, You ride on rocks, dust or "sand" most of the time. I miss roots, moist soil or mud ;)
We had an impression, that the harder the track is in AdH or L2A the steeper, narrower and more twisty it becomes.
In PdS You've got tracks from Family DH in Les Gets to Champery track and everything in between.
We just had more fun in PdS :)
So, if my trip to Whistler doesn't work, I will be back in Morzine, next year :)

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I knew it was You :)
Oh, a week ago we came back from a 2 weeks trip to Alpe d'Huez and L2A.
It was very nice. We watched Mega and Mountain of Hell. We rode on glaciers. We snowboarded in L2A. We had a great time w/o serious injuries :) but...
I must say, Port du Soleil rules :)
Ridind at 3000m above the sea is a great experience. Views are marvelous. But, You ride on rocks, dust or "sand" most of the time. I miss roots, moist soil or mud ;)
We had an impression, that the harder the track is in AdH or L2A the steeper, narrower and more twisty it becomes.
In PdS You've got tracks from Family DH in Les Gets to Champery track and everything in between.
We just had more fun in PdS :)
So, if my trip to Whistler doesn't work, I will be back in Morzine, next year :)
that's really good to read, I leave for L2A this aft and will probably spend 4-5 days in Morzine too!