Quantcast

Change of date for '06 NORBA National opener

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD

USA Cycling announced today a change in the previously announced 2006 National Mountain Bike Schedule.

The opening round at Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park in San Dimas, Calif. that was originally scheduled for May 5-7 has been rescheduled for April 22-23, 2006.

The rest of the six-race series remains unchanged:

2006 National Mountain Bike Series Schedule

April 22-23: Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park - San Dimas, Calif.
June 10-11: Sugar Mountain Resort - Banner Elk, N.C.
June 17-18: Mount Snow Resort - West Dover, Vt.
July 8-9: Deer Valley Resort - Park City, Utah
August 5-6: Brian Head Resort - Brian Head, Utah
August 12-13: Snowmass Resort - Aspen, Colo.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Msisle Dad said:

USA Cycling announced today a change in the previously announced 2006 National Mountain Bike Schedule.

The opening round at Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park in San Dimas, Calif. that was originally scheduled for May 5-7 has been rescheduled for April 22-23, 2006.

The rest of the six-race series remains unchanged:

2006 National Mountain Bike Series Schedule

April 22-23: Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park - San Dimas, Calif.
June 17-18: Mount Snow Resort - West Dover, Vt.
July 8-9: Deer Valley Resort - Park City, Utah
August 5-6: Brian Head Resort - Brian Head, Utah
August 12-13: Snowmass Resort - Aspen, Colo.
What happened to the Mammoth date?

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
sweet man...can't wait to tear it up at mt snow....anyone know if they will be running yardsale again for experts? I have heard alot of controversy over this and wanna know what they are gonna do...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Wow, that sucks. They put the date right when the Firestone mountain bike race is in S.B. Oh yeah, at least Firestone has a DH race ;)

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
gangstamaxx said:
sweet man...can't wait to tear it up at mt snow....anyone know if they will be running yardsale again for experts? I have heard alot of controversy over this and wanna know what they are gonna do...

they will let the experts take a good beating then set up a chicken run for the pro's after they complain

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Sea Otter is 2 weekends before it right? Why does everyone want to jam the race weekends in so close togther.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Zutroy said:
Firestone race is the weekend after.
My bad, its my birthday weekend then! Woohoo:p Nothing like racing DH to celebrate turning 30

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The San Dimas race doesn't have DH, does it? I really want to race Mammoth this year but there aren't many qualifiers in my area...

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Bicyclist said:
The San Dimas race doesn't have DH, does it? I really want to race Mammoth this year but there aren't many qualifiers in my area...

No, but rumor has it Donnie will put on the DH/4x side of things at fontucky possibly.

you should have a couple shots at qualing.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That would be really cool! Do you race at Fontucky? If so I probably know you. Is there any riding in Ventura? I've never ridden down there.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Bicyclist said:
That would be really cool! Do you race at Fontucky? If so I probably know you. Is there any riding in Ventura? I've never ridden down there.
Yeah i do, nope there really isen't anything here.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Bicyclist said:
There are a few local races (within driving distance) where you could qualify:

Sea Otter
Firestone Race
Cal-State championships in Fontucky

To be honest, I don't think they were even checking to see if people qualifed in Mammoth. They didn't say more than 4 words to me when I signed-up, they just took my money and gave me my number plate...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
blt2ride said:

Sea Otter
Firestone Race

To be honest, I don't think they were even checking to see if people qualifed in Mammoth. They didn't say more than 4 words to me when I signed-up, they just took my money and gave me my number plate...

yea they were checking....i saw em turn away some euro cause he wasnt an american citizen

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
blt2ride said:

Sea Otter
Firestone Race

I really don't want to go to Sea Otter just because it's packed. I'm gonna go to Firestone and Fontucky to qualify at one of those 2 places.

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
June 17-18: Mount Snow Resort - West Dover, Vt....

O yee! got mud? you will if your going here this year^^^

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
sugar all depends. you say that now and who knows it might actually be dry, or as dry as sugar gets. last year the top section was perfect packed and just a little moist couldnt have asked for better cleaner conditions. maybee if we keep our fingers crossed.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
frznnomad said:
sugar all depends. you say that now and who knows it might actually be dry, or as dry as sugar gets. last year the top section was perfect packed and just a little moist couldnt have asked for better cleaner conditions. maybee if we keep our fingers crossed.
mt snow will be sloppy wet. got my 2.5 timberwolfs all ready. braaaaaaap.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Zark said:
Wow, that sucks. They put the date right when the Firestone mountain bike race is in S.B. Oh yeah, at least Firestone has a DH race ;)
I know where I'll be ;)

I want to put in some man hours on the course this year now that I'm back in town. Let me know how to get involved

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
I dont know about mt snow this year now, last 2 days of school. Hopefully we will get a few snowdays, and then I'll be ok. but seriosly, I mean that date is a pretty commom date for highschools and middle schools to get out. thanks. but if I am able to go, I am not so excited for yardsale wet.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
biking is more important than hs. just skip class. lol.

looks like im only gonna be able to make it to one this year. the closest one to me is about 6 hr drive and then vt is about 17 so i dont know if i can make it to more than one. very disappointing.