Quantcast

Changed my mind

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
So, I've made some minor changes to the Chameleon that seemed to have helped w/ my knees a bit. Besides that, I waited too long to make a decision, and now apparently my fickle brain doesn't care about that anymore.

Last week the brain decided it was interested in the VP Free again. I called my LBS, he's offering me a nice price, and they're saying July delivery if I order it now. My current "DH" bike is a Bullit. Not the best frame for racing, but it does the trick. So, my question is, will the VP Free be that much of an improvement, particularly for DH racing?

I know people are going to tell me to just get a DH frame, but having had the entire winter to mull this over, I'm really not interested in a full-on DH bike. One thing I love about the Bullit is its versatility, and that's not something I'm willing to give up. What I do want is something just a bit longer, slacker, plusher...and the VP seems to fit the bill.

I guess the major question is...is it really that different/better of a bike?

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Heh. I've never been very good at spending my own money.

Thank god for the internet, just think of all the thing I wouldn't have purchased.

No, I just want to know if the VP Free would be a superior DH machine compared to the Bullit.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think it would be good for DH racing because one of the primary reasons a bullit is not the best for DH racing is the brake jack issues with the single pivot design, the VP free should not have that problem near as much. But now that the V10 is lighter...