Quantcast

Changes between an 07 and the 08 SC V10?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
What has Santa Cruz changed between the 07 and the 08 V10's?

Are the changes going to be enough that they'd make a marked difference in the ride?

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
I've ridden two different 2007 V-10's on a couple different days, both had really different setups and they were pretty good. The main difference I feel with the 2008 model I have now is the revised suspension. I like how it jumps and pumps, and that's saying a lot considering my last bike was pretty good at that too. Sticking to the corners though, damn. It's good. I'm sure a lot of people are wondering about the weight, my painted medium with a steel spring was 10.2 pounds with the axle, hanger and seatpost clamp.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The main difference I feel with the 2008 model I have now is the revised suspension. I like how it jumps and pumps, and that's saying a lot considering my last bike was pretty good at that too.
Agreed. If you think back to the original version, the last version and now the '08, you can see that the bike went from a boulder-eating tank that you couldn't get off the ground to a much more nimble ride that nevertheless can still destroy rock gardens. The changes between '07 and '08 are obviously less drastic than the prior update - in part because the last version was pretty damn good - but the trend toward lighter weight and a more lively ride continues. Can't wait to rock one this summer!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Agreed. If you think back to the original version, the last version and now the '08, you can see that the bike went from a boulder-eating tank that you couldn't get off the ground
man that gave me flash backs from my old V10 (first production). That's the only V10 I've ridden - it would be interesting to try one of the new ones to compare. Looks like SC took care of all the little things I didn't like about the bike.

I have to admit, the new 08 V10 pretty damn nice! I just love the new lines, carbon link, geo looks good - tempting....very tempting.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
man that gave me flash backs from my old V10 (first production). That's the only V10 I've ridden - it would be interesting to try one of the new ones to compare. Looks like SC took care of all the little things I didn't like about the bike.

I have to admit, the new 08 V10 pretty damn nice! I just love the new lines, carbon link, geo looks good - tempting....very tempting.
Dude, the last bike was hugely different from the original, and the new one is even further refined. Definitely one to check out. Sure I'm a little biased, but still.