Quantcast

Changing colors of WinXP

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
is there some way to change the colors of WinXP? i'm pretty tired of that blue/silver stuff, but like the feel of XP, as opposed to "classic windows." has anyone jumped into the world of XP skins?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I was just thinking this, I am trying to resize the screen to 75% DPI but the font turns out crappy and hard to read.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I found out how to do it...

Go to Display-Apperances-advanced- then you can choose a custom color.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mack said:
wait, doesnt work...
...as I said, you're stuck if you're using the smooth rounded bars of the WinXP style. If you want to go back to the classic Windows style - which, IMO, looks much cleaner and nicer - you can customize the colors.

I feel like they're treating me like a small child with the WinXP scheme... If I wanted to be degraded and feel like I'm being treated like an idiot, I'd use a Mac... :devil:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I tried the Classic view. It made me feel kinda sick and brought back the feel of sitting in my 4th grade PC lab :dead:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
wait wait...

If you do wat i said to do and say change the head line to "red" the head liner will flash red when you click on the tool bar and the window "minimimizes"... it gives a cool effect

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Geoff G. said:
go here and look for windows blinds in the gallery, download that, and you can choose from many different skins
I had Windows Blinds a long time ago, but wasn't too impressed. It doesn't replace or modify the Windows skin files, but rather runs on top of them, making things slow and not very consistent.