Quantcast

Changing it up a bit - Name that Old Time NHLer!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Okay this dude may have worn a dorky helmet while he played for the Sabres, but he was one helluva defensive forward in his day.

Name that Old Time NHLer!:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Munster said:
Gilbert Perrault?
Pereault didn't wear a brain bucket.

The French Connection!!! Now there was a legendary line if there ever was one.

Can you name the other two guys on that line??

Think Defense - but defensive forward for this Sabre.

Munster

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Eastern Canada
Perrault wore one later in his career:

Can't remember the other 2 on that line. Only other Sabre that comes to mind is Phil Housley, but he was a defenseman.

Munster

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Eastern Canada
I found the exact pic on a sabres fan site. I won't say who it, see if someone else actually knows. Man, they all had funny helmets back then.

And Head Monkey, you are 20 years off, hehe.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
He shares a similar last name to another famous Sabres Defenseman who also was on the USA 80s gold medal team. But they spell their last names slightly different.

The French Connection was: Gilbert Pereault, Rene Robert and Richard Martin and damn they were fun to watch.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
vinnycactus said:
that would be craig ramsey. he was at a camp i went to in the early 90's. i asked him why he wore bauer turbos. :D
Rep points for Vinnycactus for the Craig Ramsay answer!!!:trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
llkoolkeg said:
Are you referring to something like those old Cooper Stan Makita helmets...you know, the really round ones(as opposed to the more oval CCM/Joffa)???

Yep like this one:

I think Northland made them and Stan Makita and Foligno are probably the two most recognizable guys who wore them.

But this guy above also did - he was a 50 goal scorer too in his days.

Name him without refuring to the image URL for bonus points.