N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:(

"Chappelle's Show" Shut Down
E! Online | May 4 | Charlie Amter

Chappelle's Show is a no-go, bitch!

In a surprise announcement Wednesday, Comedy Central said that the highly anticipated third season of Dave Chappelle's show will not make its May 31 premiere date.

"Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of Chappelle's Show until further notice," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a brief statement. "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

No official reason was given for the shutdown, but sources told E! News that Chappelle has been MIA from the set for weeks. There was no indication on how long the suspension would last.

In December, the network said that Chappelle's Show was behind schedule after Chappelle fell ill, forcing the network to postpone the expected February debut of new episodes.

"Dave--and his entire production crew for that matter--got a bit of a late start on writing season three," Fox told the New York Post. Production was slated to resume in January.

Last August, Chappelle, 31, reupped with Comedy Central in a massive two-year deal, valued at $50 million by the Hollywood Reporter. The deal also set a new Industry precedent--reportedly giving the funnyman a large cut of backend DVD sales.

Featuring Chappelle's often raunchy standup, offbeat sketches and killer parodies of Prince and Rick James, Chappelle's Show has steadily built a huge following since its debut in January of 2003. By the end of season two, the half-hour show was often pulling in more than three million viewers, a substantial number for basic cable. The first season currently ranks as the all-time top-selling TV show on DVD. (Paramount has indefinitely pushed back the release of the second season--the studio hopes to time the DVD to the start of season three.)

In addition to his gig at Comedy Central, Chappelle had been working on a book for Hyperion. There has been no word on the book's status; there's also no word on the reported Rick James biopic for Paramount in which Chappelle would portray the late R&B wild man.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
They probably sold the rights to the larger networks so they can go and ruin it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Bummer. His Samuel L Jackson lager skit was the best. "MMMMMMM MMMMMM BIITCH!" That and the Rick James one... "I'm Rick James Beotch!"

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
There is really no episode or skit to put a finger on as the best...some better than others...sure...but man...most of the time it's tear jerkin funny!
True. So true... those are just my faves. The husband/family swap skit was great too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The best sh*t is the Playa Haters Ball. In case you did not know, most of Chapelle's lines were improvised, so all the actors heard his snaps for the first time on camera.

"Click your heels 3 times, and go back to Africa"

[talking about Rosie O'Donnell] "She wears underwear with dickholes"

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
sanjuro said:
The best sh*t is the Playa Haters Ball. In case you did not know, most of Chapelle's lines were improvised, so all the actors heard his snaps for the first time on camera.

"Click your heels 3 times, and go back to Africa"

[talking about Rosie O'Donnell] "She wears underwear with dickholes"
Oh man...that was one my favorites! I'm gonna go home now and put more water in Buck Nasty's mama's dish! HAHHAHAHAHA! classic!

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
dh girlie said:
Oh man...that was one my favorites! I'm gonna go home now and put more water in Buck Nasty's mama's dish! HAHHAHAHAHA! classic!
What can be said about your coat that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
No more lil john making fun of? aww man that is gonna suck for late night TV. I never really watched comedy central until his show started comming on. His jokes are just outright funny. I guess it's re-runs of Jeff Foxsworthy? I dunno I just watch the shows :)

$50,000,000 is alot for a 2 year deal. Hell athlete's don't even get that kind of deal. Way to go Dave!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
that has to be one of my favorites.... that and the world series of dice..lmao too funny

"what did the 5 fingers say to the face???"""

Smack!!!!!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
dh girlie said:
Jeez! Don't talk about it like it's already dead...it's not for sure!!!! Stop it! :(
Who would pick up Chapelle if Comedy Central didn't? Spike? No, they have Lance Krall now. MTV? Nah, wouldn't fit within their lineup. VH1? Maybe, they hardly have an identity nowadays. HBO or Skinimax? I wouldn't put it past them, but I'd doubt it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
reflux said:
Who would pick up Chapelle if Comedy Central didn't? Spike? No, they have Lance Krall now. MTV? Nah, wouldn't fit within their lineup. VH1? Maybe, they hardly have an identity nowadays. HBO or Skinimax? I wouldn't put it past them, but I'd doubt it.
Maybe they are staying on CC...and they're just behind...I'd like to think optimistically...I don't have anything watch now...

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
This sucks. IT is an awesomely funny show. I like everything but the lil John (nothing but annoying repetition) and playa hata sketches. My favorite is the Prince sketch. I love it when he dunks behind his head, says "Game....blouses", then hangs from the rim with two hands, then one, then zero hands. Great stuff.