Quantcast

Charger 3 HSC knob issue? Rock Shox MY23

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Hey guys,

I bought a MY23 Zeb for a client. It comes with Charger 3 damper and the HSC should have 5 clicks from what I understand.

He sent me a video showing the potential issue. Thing is, after 5th click, the adjuster doesn't stop. You can turn it 360deg all day long, just after the 5th it takes a bit more travel to click again.
Is that normal?
Vid of him playing with his knob :D
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iqHxp7C7k1NeLsbq6

Anyone experienced this? Is that normal or what?

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Even simpler option;
There is a pointed set screw on the side of the HSC dial that contacts and moves the adjuster. It may just be loose and not turning the adjuster. Try snugging it up.

I'd be shocked if brand new SRAM product arrived with an issue..... :D
For sure pull the lowers and make sure they are lubed.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Even simpler option;
There is a pointed set screw on the side of the HSC dial that contacts and moves the adjuster. It may just be loose and not turning the adjuster. Try snugging it up.

I'd be shocked if brand new SRAM product arrived with an issue..... :D
For sure pull the lowers and make sure they are lubed.
Yeah, that was my suggestion as well.

Let's say I'm kinda familiar with servicing and tuning suspension. I'm asking if that's normal on Charger 3 (haven't service one yet)

HSC knob/clicker 4 arm thingy, that turns the HSC shaft, looks kinda flimsy, and I'm wondering if it just slips over the other part by design, or should I send it back.
1667060976209.png

1667061156950.png

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Yeah, just slips into the lower part and aligns in the slot.

If you turn the adjuster in the last pic, does it have stops or just keep turning?
You can take the top cap off without bleeding the cart, just have the shaft fully extended and don't push it in!

No, is not normal for the dial to keep spinning.