Quantcast

Charlie Wilson's War - Smart, sophisticated and...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
...down right fvkin BORING!!!!

Only the mustachioed CIA operative was remotely entertaining...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

:plthumbsdown:

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Anyone catch the history channel special about the real Charlie Wilson. They did a great job making the movie true to life. The guy who played Gust looks just like the real Gust.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Anyone catch the history channel special about the real Charlie Wilson. They did a great job making the movie true to life. The guy who played Gust looks just like the real Gust.
this Hist Channel presentation was vastly more entertaining and informative than the movie version.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I kinda liked the movie--wasn't a waste of time or money--but it's also pretty much more smarmy Aaron Sorkin crap, at the same time. Especially because of the face-saving spin they get to put on the reality of things.

And it was riddled with slightly amateur errors in military and intelligence terminology.

They did do a great job of showing the absolutely terror-inducing capabilities of the Mi-24.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I kinda liked the movie--wasn't a waste of time or money--but it's also pretty much more smarmy Aaron Sorkin crap, at the same time. Especially because of the face-saving spin they get to put on the reality of things.

And it was riddled with slightly amateur errors in military and intelligence terminology.

They did do a great job of showing the absolutely terror-inducing capabilities of the Mi-24.
and the awesomeness of the Stinger... my dad was one of development engineers on the Stinger Project for the US Army at White Sands Missile Range.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
and the awesomeness of the Stinger... my dad was one of development engineers on the Stinger Project for the US Army at White Sands Missile Range.
They also slid right past the huge tipping point between supplying less-traceable foreign-made weapons and supplying uniquely American arms.

I always wondered why we just didn't supply the hell out of Soviet-designed Grails instead of the Stingers.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
And Tom Hanks is C.W. Worst acting he's done in a looong time. Just wooden, with a really bad attempt at a Texas accent.