Quantcast

Charlotte area guys

subycar

Chimp
Dec 31, 2009
Just wanted to let the guys around Charlotte know that I took some time and fixed up the old DH course at Catawba (now WWC). Raked it from the old starting gate (which is still there) to the bottom. I tried to reshape the berms, built up a couple doubles, and put a fantastic lip on the hip jump. It does not take the place of a mountains trip or Clemson but fun if you only have a couple hours and need a bike fix. I remember racing it with my 222 years ago but so much more fun with the Preston now.:thumb:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Nice, that track was fun, albeit short. the start gate was across the flat area at the top from the slalom track, kinda behind that chain-link fenced in area I think?

subycar

Chimp
Dec 31, 2009
Nice, that track was fun, albeit short. the start gate was across the flat area at the top from the slalom track, kinda behind that chain-link fenced in area I think?
Yep, about 20-30 yards up the trail from the fence area.

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I love that hip jump... my fav jump in charlotte, can't wait to try it with a new lip. My cross country bike doesn't like it quite as much as me though... poor old thing :D

d