Quantcast

Charlston area

GORE809

Chimp
Oct 15, 2007
Beaufort, SC
Hey I wanted to know if anyone knows about the area to ride around the Charlston naval weapons station worth a ride, or if there is something better to ride closer to hilton head, mainly something to jump

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Well, if you happen to be in town and you want to ride it's pretty cool, but i'm not sure i'd drive an hour and a half just to ride it. All flat XC stuff and only two jumps deep, deep in the woods. We are working on some freeride stuff there, but nothin complete yet. Not sure how far it is from you, but you might try FATS. This place is super flowy, and has something for everyone! Hope this helps.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Arthur - not sure of the numbers but it's the first exit off 20 once you cross from GA in to SC. Head east for approx 10 miles and the trail's somewhere off on the left side. This should give you a rough idea where it's at and make more sense of whatever Mapquest spits out.

FYI - these are fun as hell BUT they are XC trails and won't be fun for too long on your DJ bike (at least not when climbing).

GORE809

Chimp
Oct 15, 2007
Beaufort, SC
oh, that sucks, well i was talkin to the wife and lookin at the distance its just short o fme head all the way to ATL, its like 3.5 hours away, i was thinkin of scraping it and going to chuck place to ride this saturday