Quantcast

Chase Bars v. Jesme Cig Bars

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Anyone have any opinions? I like the way both look, but haven't ridden either. I have a big BMX backround and want to get my bike more like a BMX.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
the chase bars felt weird to me when i had them. he jesme bars are know to bend and are stupid heavy. check out the nem pro bars if your looking for a bmx feel and rise

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I would love to buy nemesis frame, bars, but they seem to be an enigma, I actually just checked out there "new" bars on their blog last night. Got any info on how to get them? Thanks.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I've used both the Chase and the Jesme bars. I'm currently using the Jesme's. The Chase bars are lighter and have a lot of backsweep. I thought they were fine, once I got used to them. The Jesme bars feel great. I've ran them and crashed on them hard and they haven't bent. The Jesme bars are only 420 grams, which is quite a bit lighter than the NemPro bars (which are 590 grams according to my math).

The other good thing about the Jesme (or the NemPro) bars is that they are 22.2 mm, so you can use a bmx stem. The Chase bars have 25.4 mm clamp area.

Hope that helps.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i had the chase bars. they do have a lot of back sweep compared to others. but old school bmx bars had more back sweep than current stuff. i felt right at home on them.

now im riding the nemesis bars. a little less sweep than the chases but a bit more than others. perfect medium if you ask me. they also come wide at 28" or so, if youre into wide bars.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Any info on where to buy Nem pro stuff would be greatly appreciated.
contact Dukesoftahoe (username here I think) and you can order from him, or contact evil4bc (Brad), even though he is probably super busy.

The Jesme's are actually pretty light for a chromo bar, it's just that the Chase's are aluminum so it's hard to compare the two directly.
Also, I'm not that harsh of a rider, but I managed to bend my Jesme cigs, probably didn't help that they crushed so easily with my Kink Relief stem... I have not had any problems like that since switching over to the Nemesis Project Folsom Prison bars, and plus I'm really diggin' the 28.5" wide-ride steer horns! :monkeydance:
Gusset Open Prison bars are another great option if you can score a set...
Also, check my sig., I've got a brand new set of Atomlab Trailpimp SS daytona stainless bars up for grabs. They are 1.5" rise.