Quantcast

Chatel Mountain Style video

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Kranked-Rejekt-7,380/sspomer,2

Hey y'all
I was head judge for this event and one of the organizers as well. We are super happy with how it all went down and are looking forward to making it better for next year. I love how you see Pedemanaud just charging down the Mountain competing against the top slope and freeriders. I think the video really expresses the event. What do you guys think about this style of event mixing many styles of riding?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
As somebody that isn't a 'new school' slopestyle kind of guy, I like it. Im all for as much natural terrain as possible, and keeping the mountain in mountain biking.

Now that the event is past, what would you do differently next time?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I would like to have a bigger window open to do the event. Kind of like surfing where you have a week or so. We almost got canceled due to rain the last 2 years. The course is steeper than it looks and when it is wet it is very hard just to get down the hill let alone hit any of the features.

I would also like to have more lines and some really big stuff as well but that is already in the works. Every year the course gets a lot more lines and it is all open to the public. Pretty crazy that they leave it open but that is all Euro for ya.

I would also like to get more downhillers into the event. Fabien Pedemanaud and Aari Barret got 3rd and 4th behind Sorge and Bearclaw with Romo getting 5th. I really liked the mix up on the podium. It was cool to see the downhillers holding their own.

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
I would like to have a bigger window open to do the event. Kind of like surfing where you have a week or so. We almost got canceled due to rain the last 2 years. The course is steeper than it looks and when it is wet it is very hard just to get down the hill let alone hit any of the features.

I would also like to have more lines and some really big stuff as well but that is already in the works. Every year the course gets a lot more lines and it is all open to the public. Pretty crazy that they leave it open but that is all Euro for ya.

I would also like to get more downhillers into the event. Fabien Pedemanaud and Aari Barret got 3rd and 4th behind Sorge and Bearclaw with Romo getting 5th. I really liked the mix up on the podium. It was cool to see the downhillers holding their own.
sounds good, maybe we can make it next year to this event.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
From what I've heard from Frango/Kacper it's really damn steep. From the movie it looks like a perfect combo of new and old school. When did it take place exactly? Maybe I'll at last pay a visit next year and I'm quite sure I'd like to see it live (I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to hit 3/4 of the stuff there, if not more). Best wishes for the event and good job.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Ben will probably say "it's not that steep" ;) but, for us, Norbar, it's steep :D
The competition usually takes place in the first week of July. We have never been in PdS that early, so we have never seen it.
What I saw this summer and last year, were poeple like me trying just to ride the track from top to bottom :D
Great event, Ben:thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ben will probably say "it's not that steep" ;) but, for us, Norbar, it's steep :D
The competition usually takes place in the first week of July. We have never been in PdS that early, so we have never seen it.
What I saw this summer and last year, were poeple like me trying just to ride the track from top to bottom :D
Great event, Ben:thumb:
Naaah, some training in the flatlands in the winter and we're winning next year ;) Especialy with the new bikes :thumb:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
sounds good, maybe we can make it next year to this event.
Come on over. Next year will be even better.

Hey Norbar and Frango, Yeah, it is pretty steep. Here is a helmet cam-ed course run by the Coastal Crew.

The big 3 drop crash was Boyko. I was super worried for him. He got a ride to the hospital and nothing was broken. I saw him the next day and he was very sore but doing fine. That guy is super tough.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I must have hit my head recently or the helmetcam is not giving it justice as it looks like serious fun. Especialy when you compare the quality of the jumps here and on the helmetcam (in Poland some people have a strange tendency to have a lot of crappy landings on loose stuff/lose to trees/messed up landings and all the stuff that makes you think about hospital bills ;) )

btw. am I right that your heavier build of the voltage fr has the name misspeled? ;)

Last edited: