CHDH #3 Canceled!

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
Forwarding for Phil @ RideSFO...

damon

- -

It is with great disappointment that we must cancel the final CHDH race for 2007 due to environmental issues. California state park officials are not allowing us to build a course for race #3. We are continuing to work with them to try to come up with a solution for future races at Carnegie.

As a result, series points have been totaled and series champions will be declared. We’ll be contacting each champion about receiving their awards. Please see following link below for series points results.

http://www.corralhollowdh.com/2007/results/series/

Refunds will be made for those that registered for race #3. The CHDH & rideSFO crew has learned a lot, sorry for any inconvenience that the cancellation may have caused and many thanks to you for your support and is looking to bring more races to the table for 2008. Special thanks to all those hard working volunteers for race 1 & 2.

If you have any suggestions, questions or comments please email us @ chdh@rideSFO.com

Yeah, I'd like to hear what the State Park guys actually pulled out to shoot this down. MX bikes, exhaust fumes, potential of spilt gasline in addition to the actual movement of dirt one can do on those things vs. a two day gathering of mountain bikers with a group of less than 300?

Something's amiss at the Circle K Ted.....

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I talked to Phil this weekend up at Northstar. He was bummed out as well.

Thanks to Phil and everyone else who helped put the other two races on. I know I had fun.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Bummer. I was looking forward to doing the race since I missed the other two this season, and had so much fun at the one last season. Ah well. Good luck on next season's incarnation!

Dec 3, 2004
San Jose, CA
Just go to the Parkfield Classic instead, same weekend race #3 was gonna be on. DH, DS, XC, ST, and the infamous drunken pixie bike race at night with free camping on site. Word is we're gonna have 2 or 3 unofficially sponsored kegs there.