Quantcast

CHDH injuries!

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
SO i was the one who broke my collar bone like 3/4 the way up and had the ambulance and the whole shebang! anybody else hurt themselves?

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
About ^ thanks to the Ride sfo crew, and especially Avy (i don't know the spelling) but he did a great job coordinating with the guys on the ground to get the EMT's up. He did not end up with an ambulance full of strippers he still did a good job.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry to interrupt this deep discussion, but getting back to the injury thread, here are some pics:

I think these guys earned their pay:

We were pushing the bikes up for our first practice run, and watched this guy go straight, missing the slight right berm just above the tight 180 left berm. He bounced down the hill and we went up to help. I thought maybe this was TotalHeckler but it wasn't. He was OK, just got his bell rung pretty good, and bit his lip.

Of course, on my first practice run, I did the exact same thing. :) There were a bunch of people who crashed there, some doing some serious aerial gymnastics. I saw at least a couple full flips in the air.

There was a guy taking pictures by the double after the big right hand berm, and he got me eating it on a practice run. I blame it on the wind. He got the whole sequence on camera. Can't seem to get the animated gif posted properly so here are the individual shots:

Our buddy Scott broke his thumb on the last practice run, then came back the next day and rode anyway, and won the beginner class. surfinguru bounced down the section in the bloody lip picture above twice in a row during practice and hurt his wrist nicely... and won the sport class the next day.