Quantcast

Cheap bmx bike

cbseven

Chimp
Jul 4, 2004
I may get an Redline Recon and its cheap. Any reasons against it or something better for the money ? And "size Pro" Im 5ft 9in. And I had a Hoffman SD-4 a couple years again and that felt small. Is this bike going to feel bigger.

Here are the specs
Frame Material: hi-tensile steel
Frame Angles: 73.0 head, 70.0 seat
Sizes: Pro
Colors: Green
Fork: Redline Monster
Rear Shock: Not applicable
Brake Levers: Tektro aluminum
Handlebar: Redline Blvd
Stem: Redline Proline
Headset: 1 1/8" threadless steel
Front Der: Not applicable
Crankset: 3-piece chromoly 170mm, 44 teeth
Rear Der: Not applicable
Pedals: Redline aluminum
Tires: 20 x 1.95" Freaky-V

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
That thing kinda looks like a peice.
Insert spam here:
I haven't posted it yet, but my brother wants me to try and sell his S&M next gen. dirtbike. It's loaded with good parts, and is in really good condition. He's just too big (in all directions) to ride it anymore. Full chromo frame, like urban suggested. He's looking for $300 (way below what he paid), which I think is the same price range as the one you're looking at.
PM or email me if you want some pics.
-end spam.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I picked up a mongoose pro expert for $175, I believe it was an 03 model. I'm not a big fan of riding a bike that has the same name as the bikes sold at wal-mart but this bike is much higher quality, heck there are even some brand name parts on it. The front triangle and fork are chromoly which is impossible to find at the price. It's really nothing special but if you're on a budget it fits the bill. If you take off the stickers nobody'll be able to tell what it was.

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
Another vote for the mongoose expert (especially over anything with a hi-ten frame). had mine (an '04 model) for 6 months now and it's a decent bike and reasonably long too.

250ox

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Chicago
I got A 03 Macniel Firemuth frame with a Odyssey Gi Fork and A king Headset that I'm sellin for $150.00

cbseven

Chimp
Jul 4, 2004
250ox said:
I got A 03 Macniel Firemuth frame with a Odyssey Gi Fork and A king Headset that I'm sellin for $150.00
I can get that new for $100, but nice deal to someone else.

WiLdMaN

Chimp
Aug 12, 2004
Connecticut
I am selling a Dave Mirra Pro - $350

Complete and ready to ride. Little use and 100% original to prove it. Bare metal finish with black elsewhere.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Holy CRAP! THere just a simple chromoly double diamond frame and fork.
headset
stem handlebars
grips brake levers
cable brake
wheels

It's so simple!!!
how can you even tell the differ3ence?

cbseven said:
I may get an Redline Recon and its cheap. Any reasons against it or something better for the money ? And "size Pro" Im 5ft 9in. And I had a Hoffman SD-4 a couple years again and that felt small. Is this bike going to feel bigger.

Here are the specs
Frame Material: hi-tensile steel
Frame Angles: 73.0 head, 70.0 seat
Sizes: Pro
Colors: Green
Fork: Redline Monster
Rear Shock: Not applicable
Brake Levers: Tektro aluminum
Handlebar: Redline Blvd
Stem: Redline Proline
Headset: 1 1/8" threadless steel
Front Der: Not applicable
Crankset: 3-piece chromoly 170mm, 44 teeth
Rear Der: Not applicable
Pedals: Redline aluminum
Tires: 20 x 1.95" Freaky-V
If u r street or trails, steel is real. Save the Aluminum for racing.

urbanhuckbot

Monkey
May 28, 2004
good morning carl!

yeaH good morning little man, ITS THREE IN THE MORNING!

carlton!!, hi!!!...did you see our new flag? pretty boss huh?

look all i know is that this cord was attached to my house, and that your house was glowing like the freeking sun, so i put 2 and 2 together and decided that your pising me off!