Quantcast

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Does anyone know who has the cheapest framing of the big frame shops? My ex-wife just sent me back all of my Coop's and Kozik's, and I want to get them all framed.

I went to Aaron Brothers today, and for 10 of them they wanted $1500. Nothing too fancy, but that seemed way over priced.

CastleMaster

Monkey
Jan 11, 2010
Upper Newport Bay
Rad, post some pics of the pieces!

I collect too, and have found that while Aaron Brothers customer service really, really sucks, if you catch them at the right time (their 60% off sale) you are good to go. I have a new signed Mike Giant waiting for that to come around again. :) It might be worth your while to just sit on them for a little bit. You gotta remember that custom framing is ALWAYS expensive.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
One of my buddies has a machine shop.
And I weld pretty good.

I'm debating the idea of making my own frames, but I am running into a hole with how to put the glass in and how to mount them.

I have A LOT of his stuff. My best piece is I have an 004 Church of Satan in Silver and 009 in Gold. There are a few I am still looking for though.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
$150 a pop is not a terrible price for a decent frame. Matting, backing and frames are fairly easy with halfway decent tools and a little patience. I am no pro and only questionably good with tools, but without much more than a router, a miter saw and an exacto knife, I can whip out a pretty nice frame. Keeping the glass clean is the biggest hassle of the whole process.

As far as metal frames, aluminum profile would seem like the best (easiest) way to go. Someone may already have extruded profiles with a rabbet built in...?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was thinking of picking up a bunch of scrap pipe and bar steel, then cutting the routes down them and welding them up. One of my friends has a plasma cutter on a CAD program, so I think I can make some decorations pretty cheap.

Now does anyone know where to get glass?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I would've said the place near the corner Broadway and Fraser, buy the retarded kid selling fireworks.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Glass I read is not going to UV block.
So then I looked up the price of acrylite.
Holy sheep ****, that's not cheap.